Saturday, August 7, 2010

Summer Fireworks

Short note: Have you watched Toy Story 3? I just went to see it yesterday, and yes, the movie certainly lived up to the praises and positive reviews I have read prior to that. I love especially the part when Woody and his friends joined their hands and accept their imminent demise when they were on their way down into the incinerator. Perhaps that's what true friends is all about. By the way, I really hate pink teddy bears now haha!

Updated: As a sneak preview, one picture from the fireworks tonight has been added!

Hello everyone!

There was a huge earthquake that rocked Japan last week and I lost all my belonging, including my MacBook. That is why I didn't update my blog for more than two weeks already and if you really believed what I have just written, go wash you face and make sure you have woke up already haha!

It has slowly becoming a common thing for me to make irregular updates at my blog for the past one month or two. The main reason is because I was kinda busy during those hiatus period, although I have a lot of pending entries still waiting to make their grand appearances haha! I am still busy now with my finals, for the next three more days at least, but I guess I should make a short update, just in case someone thought I have gone missing.

Almost everyone seems to have finished their finals and started their long-awaited summer holidays, but unfortunately, I will have to wait for another few days. Two more papers to go on Tuesday and guess what, both of the papers are killer papers. Congrats to myself!

IMG_2819

Spotted the Petronas Twin Towers in one of the slides during lecture several days ago. Tun M must be so proud to have
his two penises being publicly displayed so far away from home.

If you have been following my blog for a while, you might be aware that I used to stay in Nagaoka, a city in Niigata prefecture in the northern part of Honshu island in Japan for three years. One of the most common thing that is often related to Nagaoka is surely the annual Nagaoka Fireworks Festival, dubbed as one of the three biggest fireworks festival in Japan.

I was lucky enough to be able to watch it for six nights in those three years and so far, I have never seen anything better than the fireworks in Nagaoka. I might sound biased here, but one will know what I am talking by experiencing it by themselves.

Though I'm no longer living in Nagaoka currently, the nostalgic and fond memories I have had makes me miss watching the fireworks festival in that small humble town. Thanks to Amalina who shared me a link the other night, I managed to do something I never thought it would be possible - to be able to watch the fireworks in Nagaoka, separated hundred of kilometers away from my current place in Chiba.

IMG_2834

Watching from my MacBook might not give the same experience as being there, nevertheless I was still excited to watch it this year.

IMG_2864

Even Watson (my bear) wanted to watch it; here he was watching the famous Phoenix fireworks, the finale to the fireworks festival. 
Cung always say Watson is a bit gila 'coz he wears his scarfs and beanie hats all year round haha!

Tonight, I will be attending my first fireworks festival in 2010, which is also the first one outside Nagaoka (actually it's the second one as I have watched the Miyajima-On-The-Sea-Fireworks in summer 2007 in Hiroshima). I'm already kinda excited already now, as it seems to be quite a big one.

Errr, not as big as Nagaoka's one though =P

IMG_3092

Ichikawa Fireworks Festival 2010.

By the way, here is a sneak preview of what I went to reserve yesterday, in which I was later given this waiting-list number sheet. I'm not very sure how long I have to wait, but it should be one month at the most. I hope they will call me only after I return to Japan next month.

Anyway, anyone interested to make a guess what I went to reserve?

IMG_2878-1

It's pretty obvious, isn't it?

10 comments:

calyn ojc said...

Did you just do what I think you did?

YOU.PLACED.AN.ORDER.FOR.AN.IPHONE.

!!!

Cieri said...

At last!!!

lepas dun ever give alasan like `I dont know anything about tech/gadget or I will smack your er....legs r`

D-Tourist said...

Good luck in ur exams.

CLF said...

high 5 bro!! ordered iPhone too! :D
anyway going to Odaiba's fireworks this Sat?

kae vin said...

iphone4 or ipad? It uses micro sim card. so can't use it in malaysia.

btw i got a 3gs ady. hehehe

calvin said...

@ calyn ojc:
yes, you are absolutely right! xD

calvin said...

@ cieri:
macbook and ipod nano. it's just a question of "when" rather than "should i" when it comes to getting an iphone ;)

i think i am still a noob when it comes to tech and gadgets stuff =P

calvin said...

@ d-tourist:
thanks! glad that it is finally over now :)

calvin said...

@ clf:
wow, were you thinking what i think you were thinking what i was thinking? lets see who will get the phone call first xD

yes, i guess most probably i will be going this saturday :D

calvin said...

@ kae vin:
definitely iphone. not a fan of ipad at all ><

welcome to the apple club =D