Here is my recap of 2009, before we welcome the new decade.
- Went to Kashiwazaki for skating with the international students. My first time skating in my life and God knows how many times I fell on the ice surface haha.
- A random idea took a few of us to the tennis court behind the school to construct a huge two-meter high snowman.
- The very next day, joined several classmates to construct a funny-looking igloo.
- Celebrated Chinese New Year abroad for the second straight year. It was not too bad as we had quite a number of friends here. Just too bad that there wasn't any no ang pao for me again haha!
- Participated as one of the panelist in Chikyu Lab Symposium. It was my first time speaking in front of so many Japanese; it was a nervy, yet an exciting time to join the forum.
- Had a farewell party with Matsuda Sensei, our Japanese language lecturer during our third and forth year.
- Was interviewed by a local newspaper, Niigata Nippo. A few days later, the article appeared in the evening edition of the newspaper.
- Went to Takada to join the group of Rotarians from Malaysia who had a friendly visit with their counterparts in Takada.
- Got an interesting present for my 22nd Birthday from the guys - an apron haha!
- Had a okonomiyaki dinner with all 18 Malaysian students in our school. One of the rare times where everyone present to such gathering.
- Went to Yukyuzan Park with the rest of the international students and several Japanese students for sakura sight-seeing.
- Meet up with a few Malaysians at Echigo Hillside Park when I was there to see the tulips.
- Laptop decided to call it a day. Got two new toys - a Macbook and an iPod Nano.
- Went to Echigo Hillside Park again, for the second time with a few of Malaysian batchmates.
- Received a surprise parcel from baby. All the presents were meant to be opened at different times and on our second anniversary, I got to open the final present.
- The Malaysian students prepared satay for the Japanese to try on the school's hiking day. One of our marketing strategy for Warong Malaysia later in November haha.
- It was the beginning of the university entrance exam season and on one random night, the guys decided to dress up for a model shooting session lol!
- Attended the flower fair - Hana Ippai Fair in Nagaoka town.
- Sat for the university entrance exam at Chiba University. It was one of the unforgettable experience as the unexpected happened.
- Joined others Malaysians in Nagaoka at Nagaoka University of Technology as the Ambassador of Malaysia to Japan visited Nagaoka.
- The school trip for the international students this year took us to Kanazawa and Shirakawagou in Gifu (can you imagine that I have yet to find time to blog on this!).
- It was celebration time as I got the good news of passing Chiba University. A few of us received similar news too, for passing their respective university.
- Attended the International Students' Forum at Kashiwazaki. Had a culture-exchange party with other international students after the forum, mostly comprising of students from China.
- Represented the class team in futsal during the ball game tournament in the school. Too bad we lost in the early rounds. Represented the international students' team in futsal and basketball as well. The basketball team got third place, no thanks to my funny basketball skills haha!
- Contributed some unused cloths to Misawa Support Center. A week later, I received a postcard thanking me for the good deed.
- Baby and I never thought that we could pull this out, something we started more than two years ago. Celebrated our second year anniversary in an interesting way.
- Final year to see the Nagaoka Fireworks Festival for me. It was an emotional night for me as I have grown a deep connection with this city, where I have spent almost three years here.
- Visited Andrew's place in Chiba for a laksa party before I leave for Malaysia.
- Back to Malaysia for summer holidays. Went down to Penang to visit relatives there and have great food in Penang, of course.
- Took some time to work on my Project Merdeka 2009, which was an amazing experience.
- Attended Eric's and Looi's convocation in UKM.
- Organised KTJ Workshop 2009 with several others seniors. It was satisfying to see something you planned for so long worked out and well-received by people.
- After more than four years never meeting up with each other, we finally got to see old friends we knew from National Service camp in early 2005 at a gathering at Midvalley Megamall.
- Became the tour guide again for the Japanese lecturers and students who visited KualaLumpur . This time, the time I spent with them was a bit shorter, nevertheless we had great time together.
- Went to Penang again for the second time to meet a few friends there - Ming Chung, Kok Sheng and Kok Hong.
- Visited my Alma Mater to see former teachers who used to teach me during my secondary years.
- After a lapse of few years, I finally got to attend the hungry ghost festival - the Thai version.
- Had a seafood dinner with family and grandma at Matang, a fishing village in the outskirt of Taiping.
- Meet up with several high school friends after never seen them for quite some time. Reminisced the old stories and jokes during those schooling days.
- Traveled around Ipoh and Taiping with Ching Fu. Both are quite crazy when it comes to photography, so you can imagine how the trip went haha (This is another event in which I haven't got the time to blog on!).
- Went down to Tokyo just a week after I got back from Malaysia to attend the Merdeka and Raya celebrations at the Embassy of Malaysia. My photo won the third price in the photography contest in conjunction of the Independence Day.
- Went around several places with WinD in Tokyo.
- Got another two new gadgets - Canon digital camera and a new phone.
- Had a mid-term graduation research presentation and everything went smoothly.
- Another year of Sports Day and it was one of the most memorable one.
- Had my first nomikai session in Japan with lecturers and lab mates.
- Experienced sumo wrestling for the first time in Niigata with other international students.
- Warong Malaysia was well-received again during the college festival. Satay and kuih bakar was the menu and we earned quite a bit from the sales of those food.
- Went to Momijien for autumn foliage sight-seeing.
- Attended the 50th Anniversary of Arai Rotary Club in Arai.
- Met up with Kimura Sensei, a former lecturer in PPKTJ back in Kuala Lumpur.
- Went around the Kappabashi Street with Kimura Sensei and we had lunch and interview session together.
- Invited by Professor Kondo to have a meal with him. In the end, drank quite a lot but good thing that I was back to room in one piece haha.
- Attended the International Understanding Education Presentation Contest in Niigata and went up the observation deck of the Bandaijima Building to see the city covered in white snow.
- Joined classmates for year-end party. One of the most memorable time with them.
- Had a steamboat dinner with a few juniors on Christmas eve.
- Received a Christmas present for the first time.
- Spent the winter holidays in Japan for the first time and make full use of the break for another vacation to somewhere interesting.
Happy New Year 2010!!!
and have a wonderful year ahead!!!
and have a wonderful year ahead!!!