Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Sunshine Bokujo

Do you know what is the talk of the town in Japan right now?
Screen shot 2009-12-09 at 1.24.50 PM.png
サンシャイン牧場 (Sansyain Bokujo) or Sunshine Farm.
Maybe not Japan but at least in my college, or more specifically, my research lab haha. It all started yesterday, when one of my senpai, Kuri-chan, who was playing this game halfway and he turned his chair to our direction. My classmate, another senior and I were busy soldering the strain gauges at that time on another table. Kuri-chan then started promoting this game to us and pestered us to join him to play the game haha.
"This game is really interesting-lah. Can steal people's crop some more!"
We hesitated whether or not to play the game because we haven't finished our work yet. But Kuri-chan die die also wanted us to play the game. So, he told us how you can grow your vegetables in your own farm, put fertilizers to fasten their growth, water your plants, and etc. Going to other people's farm and throw insects on them is also possible. Doing all this will slowly make your level increase. He really put a lot of effort in explaining to us about the game haha.
So, in the end, we gave in and both my classmate and I went to the two unused computers in the lab. Well, to be honest, to be invited by a senpai to play game is one of the best excuse to take a break from doing our experiments, and who wouldn't want it, right? Haha!
Screen shot 2009-12-09 at 3.42.54 PM.png
Cinderella has to have pumpkins in her his own farm, right? (an inside joke)
So, what is this Sunshine Farm all about?
Remember Barn Buddy at Facebook? That's right; it is exactly the same thing as Barn Buddy, except the fact that it is an application at a popular Japanese community site, Mixi. Since I have a Mixi account (although it is almost as inactive as my Friendster account), I had my senpai to invite me to play the game. I have long abandoned the similar game at Facebook and now I am starting to play the same game at Mixi =.=
There weren't much difference as I'm already too familiar with the applications and how we play the game.
Screen shot 2009-12-09 at 1.40.25 PM.png
You water the plants when they dried up.
Screen shot 2009-12-09 at 1.40.01 PM.png
Sometimes, insects would attack your crops, so use the pesticide to kill them. But the Japanese version of the worms are just too cute to kill them haha.
Screen shot 2009-12-09 at 1.37.24 PM.png
Besides just vegetables and fruits, we can also plant flowers in the farm at Sunshine Farm.
Just when I was concentrating watering and putting fertilizers on my crops, I realised that someone was looking at my computer screen. My initial thought was that it was one of my senpai and that should not be a problem at all because everyone was playing that game in the lab at that time. Just for confirmation, I turned behind and guess who I saw?
Professor Kondo hahaha!!
"何だこれ、面白そうだね。植物を植えるのか。良いね。" ("What's this? Looks interesting-lah. You plant the crops. I see. Nice, eh.")
What else, since he saw everything already, I couldn't just close the whole thing anymore. Memang got no where to run already. Wanna die also die only-lah haha. So, I just smiled sheepishly at him and gave him a slight nod haha. Prof. Kondo can be really nice, but when he gets serious, he can be a really serious person. Luckily, he didn't say anything this time when he saw us planting vegetables instead of doing our research at the lab haha.
Screen shot 2009-12-09 at 1.37.47 PM.png
You catch the worms and throw them into other people's farm. Shei Pien, 不好意思 haha.
Screen shot 2009-12-09 at 8.09.59 AM.png
And the most interesting part of this game is to steal people's crop. Here I stole Kuri-chan's tomatoes haha.
After Prof. Kondo went off, we continued playing the game. This time, we invited more people from the lab who has Mixi account and we fond out that almost everyone is playing this game lol. Damn high, I tell you.
While soldering the strain gauges, we played Sunshine Farm at the same time. Like after finishing soldering one section, we would rush to check on our farm haha. I wonder what would he say if Prof. Kondo knows about this.
Screen shot 2009-12-09 at 3.43.33 PM.png
Total harvest after Day 1.
I hope he doesn't read this, otherwise sure kantoi one.

15 comments:

athirah said...

nk maen jgk la n nk buat wixi jgk...

~Live Life~ said...

Sometimes these games can't stick to me long enough...even if I started playing, I lost the interest halfway as I couldn't find much purpose or reason in continuing playing with it...

I just can't see the fun and point gaining money and increasing level...(I played FarmTown before, but not long =P)

Ken said...

The whole world is having the farm fever!

I heard Chinese Government banned this game in the government computer system due to too many officers playing it during office hours.

Haha...

akatsukiotoko said...

Hahahahaha!!! You actually Prn Screen my farm!!???

Welcome to Sunshine Farm!!!
(Writes as he quietly pick 3 tomatoes from calvin`s farm.)

calvin said...

@ athirah:
sign up for mixi first :D

p/s: it is mixi, not wixi =P

calvin said...

@ ~live life~:
first was restaurant city, then barn buddy, followed by farm ville, and the last one was happy aquarium, but i have long abandoned my fishes haha! =P

well, i'm just playing for fun once in a while, and it doesn't really bother me much to try to increase my level xD

calvin said...

@ ken:
yes, it is! old macdonald must be smiling away lol =P

yeah, not only this game but facebook, youtube, blogger, and a few others are blocked as well. imagine living in china for one day xD

calvin said...

@ akatsukiotoko:
yes, i did. i hope you won't mind xD

i know! i saw you stole my tomatoes when i checked my farm this morning! haha! =P

Abby said...

haha we call it farmville in the states. love it!

kh said...

there was this fella , a fat guy , the kinda person you see lurking around akiba... he was in the library playing this game and he laughed so loudly... making everyone in the library feel so awkward...hahaha

Anonymous said...

menyampah kau

calvin said...

@ abby:
i suppose farmville is from facebook, isn't it?

calvin said...

@ kh:
you can be assured that i am nothing like that guy in the library at all. but i suppose he laughed so loudly 'coz he managed to steal other people's crops haha xD

Abby said...

haha yes, farmville is on facebook. my personal favorite is cafe world :)

calvin said...

@ abby:
my farm at farm ville has been abandoned long time ago lol! xD