Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Misc Of My Summer Break

Without even realising it, I have been back to Malaysia for more than two weeks now. Besides going to places like to Penang and KL, I spend most of my time in my little hometown in Taiping with my families and relatives. Since I came back, my role changed from being a college student into a driver, cook, secretary and a few other roles. Yes, that made me sound very much like a maid; not an Indonesian or Philippines maid, but a Japanese maid haha. But saying me as a Japanese maid is a little bit wrong, no? Haha.
Just in case you wonder why I didn't mention about Michelle or why we aren't travelling together, well too bad that she's not back this time. Yes, it's a bit sad (actually a lot sad-lah haha), but we just got to stay strong a while more. So, here is what I've been up to so far; my daily activities while I'm back.
DSC02198
#1 Attended the Dhamma talk - "The Earliest Teachings of the Buddha" at the Bodhi Lankarama Buddhist Temple by Bhante Anandajoti, an English.
DSC02206
#2 There was a gotong-royong the next morning in preparations for the 120th celebration of the country first Sinhalese Buddhist temple.
DSC02201
#3 I joined the Six Formers of a couple of secondary schools in Taiping to clean the main shrine hall and the area surrounding the building.
DSC02210
#4 After the gotong-royong, daily morning Dana was held.
DSC02211
#5 Tying blessing strings for the boys and girls by the resident monk,
Bhante Anandajoti.
DSC02217
#6 After Bhante Anadajoti had his lunch, it was time for the rest to have theirs too.
DSC02212
#7 Home-cooked vegetarian dishes from everyone who brought them to the temple. Simply heavenly delicious.
DSC02213
#8 Took a group of photo with the kids who helped to clean the temple.
DSC01535
#9 Visited my grandma, who used her antic fruit juicer to make fresh fruit juice for us.
DSC02287
#10 Visited another grandma, who is always smiling whenever I visit her. Ohh yea, she gave me an ang pao before I left. That's why is great to visit elderly people; they always give you ang pao even it's not CNY haha.
DSC02270
#11 Went to the end of the field opposite my house to pluck the ripe jackfruit. Too bad this was was over-ripe and it fell onto the ground already.
DSC02278
#12 Roti jala and rempah udang, from Bazar Ramadhan. Best time to be back to Malaysia, eh?
DSC02321
#13 More food from the bazar - seri muka, bengkang ubi, popiah gulung, popiah goreng, karipap pusing, ketupat, lemang, ayam paprik percik.
DSC02280
#14 Became koey teow man for one day haha.
DSC02305
#15 Pulut durian. Damn nice-lor. I wonder why I can't stop posting up food pictures haha.
DSC02309
#16 My Mom, sister and I went to Tesco Taiping one night and out of nothing, we decided to eat at KFC haha. A totally random meal lol.
DSC02249
#17 This is a sneak preview of my 'secret project' I mentioned several entries before this.
Okay, signing off here.

25 comments:

Sham said...

oi..its ayam percik la..mana ada ayam paprik?itu nasi goreng paprik...adus

calvin said...

@ sham:
woah, your comment is so fast! stalking this blog 24/7 arh? =P
yea, edited that already. technical error haha xD

kae vin said...

lol hey honestly, i think u shouldn't study engineering.

instead go for boradcasting or advertising or anything like that.

coz u can take pics everywhere! =_=

=chuan guan= said...

agreed wit kaevin!!

calvin said...

@ kae vin:
something is just too late, isn't it? =\
at least i don't take pictures while i drive; not only it's dangerous to myself, i could harm other road users as well xD

calvin said...

@ =chuan guan=:
which statement? the former or the latter?

kenwooi said...

nice places and food =)

kenwooi.com

ahKOK said...

agreee with Kae vin, u should consider taking double degree.... :)

HanLun said...

1st time come here :)
An english. Interesting :)
I used to listen to chinese dhrama talk. If is in english, i might not understand of the used term :P

fufu said...

wow taiping... i havent been there... guess i should pay you a visit and tumpang at your place while u r still there... hihihihi....

calvin said...

@ kenwooi:
yes =)

calvin said...

@ ahkok:
who knows, maybe i would do that some day =)

calvin said...

@ hanlun:
hi, nice to see you here =)
sometimes, they do it in hokkien, with the help from a translator.

calvin said...

@ fufu:
i will always be there, my one and only hometown.
i guess you ought to pay taiping a visit one day =)

Anonymous said...

food

Anonymous said...

food

Sham said...

Dei...not stalking la..this is called efficient and multitasking while working and listening to songs plus sembang with cols....(not to forget to watchout for boss coming)keng ler...hahaha

fufu said...

tell me when you free... i plan to head up tp penang and kedah as well... before i jet off sooner

calvin said...

@ anonymous:
yeah, i'm enjoying every eating moments while i'm back home xD

calvin said...

@ sham:
haha, you guys must be very pro in this department =P

calvin said...

@ fufu:
when are you jetting off? i will be free until the end of this month =)

Anonymous said...

either i was dreaming or did i see u put a post on 1MALAYSIA(that made no sense) and deleted it?

calvin said...

@ anonymous:
no, you wasn't dreaming. it was there but i took it down due to some misinterpretations.

fufu said...

oh... my facebook huuh?? just search for my full name...and i am sure you know who to add :) check out my website's URL for my name =p

calvin said...

@ fufu:
yeah, i've added you at facebook.
it should be easier now for us to chat :)