Saturday, May 9, 2009

Behind The Scene Of The New Header

I have been using the old header for quite some time; it has been over five months since the header which Michelle made for me been decorating the top section of my blog. Something just hit me today and I thought of making a new header since the new season of the year has begun. It is spring now and I planned to take pictures at some place with flowers everywhere which can relate it to the current season. My aim is to do four headers this year; this will be the first one. So, I went to a cow farm nearby my college for this task.
Yes, I kid you not, a cow farm hahaha.
DSC00335
Cycled up the hill with the old bicycle on the left.
DSC00337
The red roof is the cattle shed in the background.
I supposed to go further up the hill because there is a bigger field up there; the first and only time I went up there was two years ago. However, since I already saw this site, which I thought is not too bad anyway, I decided to try taking pictures here instead. No-lah, the actual fact is that I was too lazy to go further up anymore hahaha. Damn tired, can.
I was the director of photography, editing, location and most important of all, the model for the making of this new header. Using a sophisticated tripod which I borrowed from the school, I started looking for suitable angles to place the tripod and start snapping away. It took me some time and quite many shots before I manage to come out with a shot which I am satisfied with.
Here are a couple shots and I decided to use to latter one as the new header.
DSC00341
I find this one damn cacat; it's like some mannequin getting lost in the middle of the flower plantation.
DSC00362
This is actually a random shot which I didn't plan to use it as the new header, but when I have a look at it after I was back, I decided to choose this shot.
DSC00354
The damage I did on the flowers at the end of the shotting session lol. Sumimasen-ne haha.
From a quick research I made from the net, the yellow flowers is called rapeseed or アブラナ (aburana) in Japanese. Rapeseed is grown for the production of animal feed, vegetable oil for human consumption and biodiesel. I've seen this plant growing everywhere here but I never know about this fact until I read its page at Wikipedia.
Currently, I have limited photo editing software in my laptop, no Photoshop or even MS Paint. With such handicapped situation, Picasa came to my rescue. It is one of the best and user-friendly software for picture editing to me because I can assure that you will learn how to use it in less than an hour. Even for a noob like me, I learned using the applications within a day.
Here is the final result of the new header edited with only Picasa.

DSC00352

This is the rejected version; it looks too gay already haha.

DSC00362-1

This is the new header until this summer.

I know; it will never match any other piece edited with better softwares, but I think it looks great. What say you?

22 comments:

=chuan guan= said...

where is mine?

specialhuman said...

only if the model looks better

:P

anyway

honestly i htink the gay version is much better, if there's a girl sitting back to back with u. the angle is much better!

should photoshopped michelle in so that it doesn't look that gay :)

:)

Anonymous said...

me too , i think that the gay version looks good....its ok la , u need some gay in u la

kh said...

spring?? it turned summer today... i was wearing a tee shirt to supermarket at night ... and came home sweating... hahaha

kuchi kuchi said...

the gay version is more melodramatic.....perhaps have another guy sit in front of u and then will look better XD

calvin said...

@ =chuan guan=:
you can just take the second picture as your new header, since i didn't put any watermark on it =)

calvin said...

@ specialhuman:
the model looks fine already; it's just that your standard is too high.

my photoshop skills is limited to putting watermark on pictures only; so, what you recommended me is something too much of an asking lol xD

calvin said...

@ anonymous:
haha, what do you mean that i need some gayness in me?

who are you by the way?

calvin said...

@ kh:
yup, it was a freaking hot day too. you don't know how much i sweat after that photo-taking session lol xD

p/s: i asked you to comment on the new header, not the weather-lah!

calvin said...

@ kuchi kuchi:
another guy? like who? lol xD

Innocent^^Guy said...

forgive me for being too frank...the banner, damn 7 gay :)

MichelleG said...

lol which one current? not as bad as the sitting on the ground one?

calvin said...

@ innocent^^guy:
haha, i know you gonna come out with such comment. but which one do you mean? my current header or the rejected one?

calvin said...

@ michelleg:
i guess people love the gay version more lol =P

Anonymous said...

i want gay!!!!!

clown said...

a passion for cooking.check.an undeniable manlove on some frens.check.wear pink shirt .check.Verdict=gay.This message is self generated.Please do not try to delete it.Receivers of this message must quickly admit to his lover(male) that they love him .Thank you and have a good day

calvin said...

@ anonymous:
haha, you prefer the gay version too?

calvin said...

@ clown:
haha, i have no idea who are you but you certainly live up to your nickname, clown. i appreciate you effort for trying to make such a long comment but no, this is not a self-generated reply to your comment; it came from the owner of this blog himself; and that's me. thanks for reading and cheers =)

sheryl0202 said...

Hey I like the gay version too! like both actually..but prefer the gay version wahaha

calvin said...

@ sheryl0202:
i think the majority prefer the gay version lol xD

Sham said...

Aunty thinks the so called gay version looks better...and it isnt gay la..com on la being metrosexual once in a while isn't wrong...great shots overall :)

calvin said...

@ sham:
yup, most people prefer that one i think. but never mind, summer is coming very soon and it's time for me to get a new header =D