Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Recap Of 2008

Here is a recapitulation of my last three-hundred-and-sixty-six days.
Recap of 20081 copy
JANUARY

  • Had a low-key New Year celebration at home, while Skyping with her at midnight.
  • Back to Malaysia for a couple of weeks and managed to catch-up with some of my family and close relatives.
  • My short trip ended much sooner than I would have hoped for, and had her to send me off at KLIA.
  • Joined a ski trip with other international students and Japanese friends at Tsunan. That was my first and only skiing experience to date.
  • My tutor and I teamed up and our robot came as the first runners-up in the robotic battle among my classmates.
    **********
Recap of 20082 copy
FEBRUARY

Recap of 2008 copy
MARCH

  • I was in contemplation whether to stay in my hostel throughout my spring break, or set off to somewhere. Eventually, I chose the latter and managed to cover some parts of Tokyo, Nikko, Kamakura, Enoshima, Yokohama and Asakusa.
  • Had a simple meeting-up with my batchmates in Ueno and Shinjuku, in which we had hanami at night in Ueno Park, barbeque buffet and karaoke all the way.
    **********
Recap of 20083 copy
APRIL

  • Celebrated my 21st birthday, which was one of my most memorable one.
  • Joined the rest of the Malaysian for sakura sight-seeing or hanami in Yukyuzan Park.
  • Had a bowling-cum-okonomiyaki outing with the international students and several Japanese students at the town.
  • Visited Echigo Hillside Park to enjoy the magnificent sight of colourful tulips.
    **********
Recap of 20084 copy
MAY

  • Joined the rest of my batchmates, seniors and juniors for the traditional Golden Week Gathering in Tokyo. It was a just awesome and great to meet up with the familiar faces after some time.
  • From our usual daily routine of going to lectures, we took the weekend off to visit a local vegetable farm nearby our college and planted sweet potatoes, besides learning how to make soba. Five months later, we got to taste the sweet potatoes we planted earlier.
    **********
Recap of 20085 copy
JUNE

  • The annual school trip organised for the international students this year took us to Saitama, Nikko and a few more places in Tochigi prefecture, including the visit to Tobu World Square.
  • Had the dormitory festival and again, the event that caught the eyes of people was the Mr Ladies' Contest.
    **********
Recap of 20088 copy
JULY

Recap of 20089 copy
AUGUST

  • Summer came and it started with the Nagaoka Festival, followed by the well-known Nagaoka Fireworks Festival for two straight nights.
  • Returned home to spend my summer holiday in Malaysia.
  • Went to Kolej Kedua in Sri Rampai, the hostel where I used to live while studying in PPKTJ to give a talk to the juniors.
  • Returned to my alma mater, Saint George Institution to catch up with the teachers.
    **********
Recap of 20086 copy
How can a visit back to Malaysia be complete without indulging myself with the delicious and tempting local food. Here are a compilation of some of the food I had when I was back.
**********
Recap of 20087 copy
SEPTEMBER

  • Became the tour guide for the Japanese lecturers and students during their visit to KL.
  • Visited the new place of PPKTJ together with the Japanese lecturers and students, and watched the students battled it out during the robotic car race.
  • Spend some time of my holiday to meet-up with my friends and at the same time was taken around places while enjoying the local food.
  • Celebrated the Mooncake Festival and managed to have a taste of the mooncakes after a lapse of a year.
    **********
Recap of 200811 copy
OCTOBER

  • Joined the rest of the Malaysians in Nagaoka to celebrate Raya together. Satay, rendang, ketupat and nasi himpit all made their presence on that day.
  • Eikawa sensei and Atsuko sensei pay a visit to Nagaoka Kosen and we managed to join them for a short event.
  • Went to Kamo city for a pear plucking trip.
  • The annual Sports Meet in college, in which the tug-of-war team comprising of the international students almost made it to the final.
**********
Recap of 200810 copy
NOVEMBER

  • The Malaysian students in my college opened a stall selling satay, samosa, jelly and syrup during the college festival, in which we earned more than 80,000 yen.
  • Participated in a blood donation campaign in my college; it was my first time donating blood in Japan.
  • Had a trip to Niigata city in which we visited Niigata Science Museum and learned some simple skills of kendo and karate.
  • Joined four other students from my college for a homestay programme in Mitsuke town.
    **********
sepetang n burmese copy
DECEMBER

  • Came back to Malaysia for my winter break, and travelled from south (Singapore) to north (Taiping). The remaining days were spent at Michelle's hometown in Malacca with a couple of days at Genting and KL.
    HAPPY NEW YEAR 2009!!!

10 comments:

akatsukiotoko said...

Happy new year dude!

rainen mo yoroshikune!

Innocent^^Guy said...

lovely

specialhuman said...

So much for a year.

:)

specialhuman said...

11 food from Nibong Tebal out of 54 food.

XD

Duke of mask said...

great post , keep it up :)

calvin said...

@ akatsukiotoko:
新年明けましておめでとう :)

calvin said...

@ innocent^^guy:
lovely post or lovely couple? =P

calvin said...

@ specialhuman:
yup, it was a year full of ups and downs. but overall, it has been a great year for me, personally :)

calvin said...

@ speciahuman:
lol, were you really that free to count the number of food from nibong tebal? and i actually counted myself to make sure that you are correct =.=

calvin said...

@ duke of mask:
thanks and happy new year to you :)