Saturday, September 6, 2008

Not Just An Ordinary Bus Ride

Do you know that it is possible these days for guys to get molested too? I found out that a few days ago, and instead of molesting someone else, I was at the receiving end. It started with me taking a bus from Kota Raya to my aunt's place in USJ near Subang Jaya. It was raining, and as usual the bus was quite packed. This scene is nothing uncommon to me, but when the bus reached Sunway Pyramid to pick up more passengers, one guy in his late twenties boarded the bus. Wearing a white shirt with fine purple stripes, he came into the bus holding a laptop bag and an umbrella. Noticing that there was an empty seat just next to mine, he walked towards my direction and sat on that seat.
That was the beginning point of my first experience being nearly molested.
DSC07779
Kuala Lumpur, around Puduraya area at night.
He took a stare at me. A long one. When I thought that he was just looking outside, I was wrong. He continued staring at me, as if he knows me and was trying to start a conversation. I tried hard to figure out whether he is someone whom I know, but I could not think of anybody. You may say if I was not looking at him, how could I tell that he was looking at me and I am just being self-syiok. However, when a stranger is staring at you continuously, surely you will notice it more often than not, right? I just pretended as if I saw nothing and "buat bodoh" (act stupid) for a while.
Then he went ahead doing something else, by putting the end of his fingers so close to me that every time the bus brakes, there would be contact between his fingers and my knees. My normal reaction was to move my knees away. I did that, but he came closer. The more I avoided his fingers, he closer he came to me. "Walao, what is this guy trying to do lah?", I thought. While doing this, he continued his stare at me. Damn scary I tell you. If it was a girl, then I would not mind at all. But this one? A gay looking guy some more. Faint.
Just when I thought that was all he would do, came the final act which to my relieve, ended there. He suddenly took a tap on my shoulder, which freaked me out instantly. When I look at him, he pretended as if he was just trying to adjust his laptop bag, and apologised. Judging by the way he tapped on my shoulder, I can be almost certain that it was not an accident. The palm was tapping on my shoulder in a flat way, not sideways. Thank God that he got off the bus a few moments after the tapping incident, or else I would never know what he might do next. Other parts of my body, perhaps?
Was it an anti-climax ending? But still, I got raba-ed, okay?
On another unrelated incident, I took a bus ride to my friend's place in Kajang from the bus hub around Pasar Seni LRT station. It was late evening already and it was the time that everyone was just back from their work and rushing for the breaking fast time. When I boarded the bus, it was already packed and I just stood next to the front door. I saw one little girl about five-years-old, was standing just next to the driver, which I suppose it was his daughter. Perhaps from a professional point of view, it was not the correct thing for him to take his child along when he is working, but I guess there is no one who can take care of his daughter while he is working and he had no choice but to bring her along. Sometimes, people are not given any chances to make a choice in their life; they have one choice and that is it. Take it or leave it. So, they just have to look for alternatives when they face a problem. It also made me think how lucky and wonderful life I am having now, and instead of lamenting of minor stuff, I should appreciate every bit of it.
DSC07835
Still very committed to his work, even with his daughter by his side.
Midway through the ride, I heard the driver talking with his daughter, something about ABC. My first thought was that he was teaching the girl alphabets; eg: "A untuk ayam, B untuk bola" and so on. But then, when she said D is for Singapore, I knew for instance that something was not right. After hearing to both of them a little while, I found out that he was asking her what state does the first alphabet of every plate number represent. Here and there, he would give some clues if the girl was not sure of the correct answer, like giving the first syllable of the state, or talking in the local dialect of a particular state. I have to admit that even myself have no idea what state that most of the letter represents. At least the dad was doing something beneficial to her child, and not just leave her in the bus doing nothing. Besides, although there were a few times he was cursing the traffic and some reckless drivers, he still talk in a polite way to the passengers. Somehow, the scene of him teaching his daughter reminds me to my dad, because although he doesn't talk much with me, I know there is something that he always shower me with.
Fatherly love. If you are reading this, I love you daddy.
P/S: I never knew that this entry would have this ending. An unplanned one, to be honest.
P/S/S: Mummy, don't be small heart 'coz I love you too.
P/S/S/S: Baby, I love you as well.
P/S/S/S/S: Hmmm, this will never end. I love every single of you lah.

26 comments:

kh said...

thanks ...

well anyway... thats your first experience huh... i tell you .. i have plenty of experiences... all in KL (not a laughing matter)..

Endoru said...

At least you didn't get your butt cheeks kena raba-ed like one of us in my batch. I'll let him remain anonymous. *hehe* It happened in rush hour in Japan during our first year here.

Anyway, the father and daughter story with a picture as the proof, is pretty moving. Keep those coming.

MichelleG said...

aww.. poor baby...

love u too =P

bacong said...

a wonderful experience :D they say gals love tall guys, but now only i know that guys love them too :P

nice pic btw

specialhuman said...

u seemed to be enjoying lol.

and no, D is not for Singapore. D is for Kelantan. -_-|||

calvin said...

@ kh:
you're welcome :)

that was my first, and i hope it will be the last experience for me. you went through so many times because you look too gay already =P

calvin said...

@ endoru:
that guy got raba-ed by a guy or a girl? if it is a girl, then i guess he would be more than happy to allow that girl to continue with her act =P

personally, i like the picture very much although it was taken while the bus was moving and at the same time, i didn't want them to know that i was taking their picture. people sometimes say i am crazy to take pictures on everything at everywhere, but that is how picture like this can be captured :)

calvin said...

@ michelleg:
never mind, my virginity is still intact xD

calvin said...

@ bao cong:
which one? the former or the latter? haha, that guy has some problems already. otherwise why would he go for tall guys >.<

thanks :)

calvin said...

@ specialhuman:
yes, i am, while you are suffocating over there =P

told you i have not much knowledge on this plate numbers thing xD

Endoru said...

Same case like you lor, he's a guy being raba-ed by a guy.

I know what you mean. I took my camera to pasar pagi to take pictures and all the aunties looking at me as if they are telling me, "Wah, as if you haven't seen all these before meh ?"

calvin said...

@ endoru:
i am curious to know who is that (un)lucky guy xD

well, i always tell myself that i will not be here for long, and who cares if they look at me. it is not as if they know me anyway =P

Reenybob said...

ahhaha your end of then post! lucky u said u love everyone ... must CC (COVER CA CHNG) nowadays u know hahahahah

pinksterz said...

calvin sudah tak suci. the end.

tak virgin wtf. :P

Tau Sar Phneah said...

well it's pretty 'interesting' i would say...hehe..like the way you blog...thanks for sharing..haha..

lyk said...

A for ayam,b for bola...did the driver mentioned R for rabaraba=p

remember to let me know if u go to eat satay.matteimasuyo!

calvin said...

@ reenybob:
otherwise i might got sued if i didn't do that >.<

calvin said...

@ pinksterz:
never mind. i still have my kedaraan xD

calvin said...

@ tau sar phneah:
yes, it was. glad that you like it :)

calvin said...

@ lyk:
haha, of course he didn't say that. later his daughter would think what is raba =P

yes, i will. i am just wondering when will you be free ;)

Endoru said...

Haha, guess lor.

Anyway, you still need to be more careful lor, not to go lorong-lorong belakang. Some very hiong nowadays, come in gang only you know. *hehe* No harm in bewaring.

K3ViN said...

ohhh my.... lucky tat guy turun lioa or nope...... i cant think of it lor...... yup tat story also remind me to my father..... father love will last forever n intact in everyone heart....

calvin said...

@ endoru:
i am not surprised at all if that guy is you xD

yup. it is better to take precautions than to feel sorry afterwards. especially when there are so many foreigners in the city nowadays. sometimes i wonder whether i am at my own country when i see so many of them here =\

calvin said...

@ k3vin:
you know what? he is actually luckier because if he did not go down that time, i was already thinking of playing some eye contact with him and see what would be his reaction =P

send my regards to your dad too :D

K3ViN said...

wah play eye contact pula... if he really is err..... then u mah very teruk lor..... errr.... actually my father pass away nearly 7 years ago..... tat y what u write in here really touch my heart lor. I believe if u have read my blog... u will gonna read abt the father day post tat i post during father day lor....

calvin said...

@ k3vin:
just to tease him, nothing more than that =P
i am glad that it reminds you of your father =)