Monday, April 7, 2008

A Meaningful Birthday

You guys have really made my day.
I never thought yesterday was going to be full of surprises, excitements and I was in the state of euphoria for the whole day. Words could not exactly describe how was my feeling when one after another people sent me messages wishing me on my 21st birthday at MSN, Skype and GoogleTalk. Here are all the messages I got that I managed to print screen and assemble all of them together.
Photobucket
Could you find your message up there?

As you can see, most of the messages received were after 1am. In fact, I was waiting for any birthday wishes after twelve but there were just a few that I thought of going to bed, not until it turned 1am. That was when out of a sudden, dozens of messages flowed in. You guys purposely waited for the clock to strike midnight according to Malaysian time zone, didn't you?
Here is how the day went on my birthday yesterday. I was treated to a yakiniku buffet over the weekends and I thought that would be it. It was really great, in which I am very grateful for. Nothing much happened on the night before the clock strikes twelve and I thought perhaps not much people is actually aware of my birthday after all. That was not until I was asked to get to the kitchen with some of them telling me that there was a meeting for all the Malaysian students. As far as I am concern, there is no such meeting being carried out for more than one year I live in the hostel and I sensed something is planned for me by then. My early intuition was right. Everyone was already there when I entered the kitchen and they sang a birthday song to me. Never mind about them messing up with the high and low tone, and hitting the wrong note at the wrong time because I guess none of them will ever get through even the first round of Japanese Idol which does not exist yet, but it always feels nice to have a group of friends to sing a birthday song for you anytime.
I didn't receive any present during my birthday last year, mainly due to the fact that I just arrived in Nagaoka for just barely a few days. But this time, it increased by more than 700%. Here all what I got from some of my fellow friends in my college.

DSC04498 copy

  • A red birthday card from Joann and Ming Jing with a series of cartoon of an elderly couple posing almost completely naked;
  • A Snoopy card which was signed by every single of my friends in my college;
  • A complete set of pink lingerie - the pair of extra-small-sized pink bra and panties was from Yan Kuang and Sodo, the Mongolian guy; while the pink boxers which has drawings of pandas making love in various position was from Joann, Wei Shen and Ming Jing;
  • A plastic samurai sword which has colourful chewing-gum inside from Shah.
Their presents are just so creative, aren't they? If not for the sword, my presents would look as if I just got a goodie bag from some nude camp party bash. No matter what, I love these present very much and thanks a million. Nothing much happened after that as we were just chit chatting away and that was all about it for the night. Just when it turned twelve, I got a call from Ming Jing telling me that I am one year older already wishing for my birthday. Fortunately, this time I didn't mistaken her for Joann 'coz both of them sound the same on the phone. One thing I noticed from most of the people who wished me is that they tend to point out about the legal age I have achieved by now. From there, it went one step too far by suggesting me to get married soon.
DSC04462 copy
I was unofficially a kid before this.
This is another example.
DSC04464 copy
I am a crab who can cook. Hmmm...
That was on the eve of my birthday.
The next morning, I woke up as usual, got myself ready for the first day of school and since there were nothing much on except for distributions of pamphlets and timetable for the new semestar plus some short briefings, we were allowed to return to our hostel by noon. I went to the office twice asking for any parcels, but to no avail. That parcel won't make it by the day, I thought. But I had expected it to be late as she had told me that she sent the parcel later than she should have. However, it was third time lucky for me, as the office girl handed me a parcel when I went again later that day.
DSC04469 copy
I knew immediately that it was from her judging from the writing on the parcel. She thought that it would arrive to my place earlier than my big day, that she placed a short little note outside the presents.
DSC04470 copy
Not all doctors have bad handwritings.
Guess what I got from her.
DSC04478 copy
Another underwear. This time it was a dark red smooth boxers, to go a long with some Milk Shakes sweets, and a pop-out birthday card which was hand-made. I tried making a similar card for her birthday earlier this year, but it just seemed too hard to make one. And now I am getting something exactly what I had wanted to make her three months ago. By the way baby, the way you wrote about the chocolate cake was really cute. Make sure I get a real choc cake next time.
Later that evening, the five of us went for a surprise visit to Sodo's apartment. Apparently, his birthday was just a day before mine and we only knew about that yesterday. So, we thought of going out for a double-celebration dinner together with him. We walked to his apartment, which is located just about fifteen-minute walk from our college and chatted a while in his place. We opted for sushi at Kappa Sushi and here are a couple of pictures from the dinner.
DSC04485 copy
From left: Birthday boy #1, Yan Kuang and Birthday boy #2 - Sodo
DSC04487 copy
From left: Wei Shen, Ming Jing and Joann
I continued receiving birthday wishes from the rest of my friends when I got back to my room later that night. Many thanks for every single of you. Also not forgetting will be all the wishes sent at my Friendster, Facebook and my blog's chatbox. It would be a long list if I were to list everyone here, but you know who you are and lots of thank you to all of you guys. You guys are just fabulous. Last but not least, all the SMS-es I got yesterday from Kok Hong, Joann, Zhen Hui, Sodo and my senpai Fong Zyin. Thousand of apologises, just in case I have left out anyone here. Special thanks to mum for chatting with me, and her as well for staying up so late just to chat with me on the eve of my birthday, even though she was having her class the next morning. Love you baby, lots.
Deep from my sincere heart, I would like to thank all you guys for making my 21st birthday this year a meaningful one which I shall treasure it for the rest of my life. Honestly speaking, this stands out among the best birthday that I have had. I was overwhelmed by all the well-wishes and presents plus the dinners together. I was on a cloud nine for the whole day. The feeling was simply fantastic! Once again, thank you!
By the way, I got two people who sang the birthday song to me online. Who do you think are both of them?
*Edited: Mingrong also made a birthday entry for me in his blog. Lots of thanks from me*

31 comments:

pinksterz said...

ooooh so that is joann! HAHAHAHA! xD

eh i gave u a present also right? the spams :P

michelleg said...

glad u had a great 21st!! =) and is the other person cindy?? ^^

Kevin Tan said...

ong kah yee?? SOO CUTE!!!!

calvin said...

@ pinksterz:
this entry whould be focussing on me, not her =.=
and thank you very much for your spams.

calvin said...

@ michelleg:
indeed it was a great one ^^
your guess was close, but not exactly =P

calvin said...

@ kevin tan:
now that you have known my full name, do not simply make fun of it. always remember that i know yours as well =D

pinksterz said...

but tan teck meng sounds less cute than ong kah yee. haha

oklah wont steal the limelight from u. :P i mean i wont make joann steals it.

ns29 said...

lol
i like the panda!!

calvin said...

@ pinksterz:
tan teck meng sounds more gay to me. don't you think so?

calvin said...

@ ns29:
yes, i love that boxers very much too ^.^

Kevin Tan said...

lol! tan teck meng is gay, proud and purple!

calvin said...

@ kevin tan:
you are just going to make some people to puke when he sees this >.<

KOKahKOK- happy go Lucky.... said...

next time when you need ....i mean when on the bed, you can refer to your boxer ....serve your as a guide to do watever position you can! hehee......nice nice nice....are you goign to wear the bra?

Joceline said...

hey calvin sorry being day or two later, but happy birthday nonetheless!!!!

calvin said...

@ kokahkok:
yea, it will be like on-the-spot reference book =P
unfortunately, the bra is too small to fit my size >.<

calvin said...

@ joceline:
it is better to be later than never ^^
it's okay. you just treat me to a cup of ice cream the next time i see you =D

kh said...

EH! where's mine?!! .. i was the first one to wish you !!...yerr

*stops making your present now*

i was supposed to send it next monday when i go to the post office...no more loooooo.....loooooooooooooooooooooooo

kh said...

oh mich.... now i know what you meant by no space...lololololol

calvin said...

@ kok hong:
that is not considered a wish. you only asked when is my birthday, right?

if you still insist on me to mention your name, just consider yourself under the category of people-that-i-had-missed-out-on.

is my present hand-made?
awww, i'm so touched ^^

calvin said...

@ kok hong:
on the address thing, just blame my college for having such a long name >.<

Kevin Tan said...

kh is making ur present with his hands... omg he is gonna send you a bottle of *****

K3ViN said...

wah quite interesting present wor... haha i now imagine u wearing those complete set of pink bra and panties.. sure very sexy one lor :P keke

kh said...

no more loooo... since i'm forgotten...sighhh

calvin said...

@ kevin tan:
now i understand why he took so long to send the present.
the only remaining question is the capacity of that bottle, whether it is a 500ml or 1.5 litre bottle.
i shall know it very soon ^^

calvin said...

@ k3vin:
i actually tried on those bra and panties, but of course i will not be posting the pictures up in my blog. whether it looked sexy or not on me, i will leave that to your own imagination =P

calvin said...

@ kok hong:
awww, my kok hong merajuk liao...
but being left out doesn't mean you are forgotten ;)

Reenybob said...

SO, WHAT ARE U GOING TO DO WITH THE PINK UNDIES?!! AHHAHAHAAHHAHAHAAH!!! i dare u wear them.......to class!

calvin said...

@ reenybob:
whatever i will be doing with the undies will remain a secret.
wearing them to the class is not a good idea at all.
i don't wish to be the known next to that infamous steven lim :|

bevE said...

fuiyoh !!! ACT CUTE BOY IS AT IT AGAIN !! XD
acting cute :p
i thought u din put my msg up there u knows T_T *sad puppy eyes* but then i realised maybe u din put the msn title u put my HMC nick, then i found my one is the longest pulak xD hahhahah my little pet kero is growing up :p faster than me wan =.="

bevE said...

ur gf wun take offence to me right ._. i dun mean to ><

calvin said...

@ beve:
you tell me now, where i acted cute? i can't find any >.<
your message is by far, the longest and most obvious from the rest and yet you only noticed it after a while.
anyway, how you felt after you saw that? touched? lolz.

why would she be offended?
i know she will be cool with it ^^