Tuesday, February 12, 2008

My Temmy's

Try asking any kids whether they have got to taste Kellogg's corn flakes before and I am quite sure that nine out of ten would give you a nod. I could still recall that I used to consume corn flakes in a frequent basis, which explains why I have such height today. Despite having tried several other cereals like Koko Crunch and Honey Stars, I still reckon that corn flakes will always be my first choice to start my day off. Well, I am not saying that I have a proper breakfast since I am young, but corn flakes is among the stuff I will look first when I have my breakfast. Breakfast is the most important meal in a day, but like most people I don't really take a decent breakfast for all these years. However, that had changed some one year ago. I begun to have a proper breakfast after coming here since I have my meals at the hostel's canteen on weekdays. Corn flakes is served every Thursday here.
I tried looking for a similar thing in the supermarkets in Japan and they actually have quite a number of choices for me to choose from. There was even one time that I saw a brand of corn flakes with a few Hello Kittys printed on the box. Not very sure of the name of that brand (it is not called Kitty's corn flakes), but the Japanese seems to have the tendency to associate just anything with the mouthless cat. Anyway, the original Kellogg's corn flakes here doesn't come cheap, which prompted me to look for alternatives. The pirated a.k.a fake version doesn't taste as good as the original but nevertheless, it wasn't the worst either.
They call it Temmy's.
DSC01873 copy.jpg2
At least you don't see everything totally in Japanese words on the box of Temmy's.
Taking a first glance at the packaging, you would have think that it is Kellogg's corn flakes. It was quite a job well-done by the Japanese in imitating the design of the box. Even the rooster stays; the only difference being the Japanese rooster prefer to look rather stylish in a sunglass. However, the red six-letter word on top of the box makes all the difference. That normal rooster's corn flakes aside, there is another one which has a blue parrot on the box. It was just another flavour of flakes; this time it being sugar flakes. I prefer the blue parrot to the normal rooster one as I will not have to add anything into my milk when eating them. Since those tension-building exams are already over, I am thinking about trying something new with Temmy's this holiday. I will only post it up if it turns out successfully but until that, I won't be telling what will it be.
You can try your luck guessing it though.

14 comments:

kh said...

kelloggs cereal's price rose due to rising price of corn...lol

no.. really one...

michelleg said...

cornflakes cookie!!!

i used to like the tiger cornflakes (kellogs frosties). it's sugar coated as well like ur blue parrot temmy's.

ns29 said...

so good ur canteen have that!
i only eat cornflakes during holiday when the canteen is close!
cornflakes with milk..which i feel so healthy everytime eating it!

calvin said...

@ kok hong:
lets say if the price of honey stars increases, will it because of the extinction of honey bees?

no... i'm serious mia XD

calvin said...

@ michelleg:
you know me too well =D

calvin said...

@ ns29:
i only realised that it is a weekly thing after some time. instead of the normal cocoa drink, they serve fresh milk to go along with the corn flakes on that day :)

pinksterz said...

egypt also got temmy's ler. blek!

but i still prefer kellogg's anytime. i just dont have much trust in egypt mia products. LOL.

calvin said...

@ pinksterz:
even if you prefer kellogg's, try flipping the back or bottom of the box and you will see the word "made in egypt".

still not feeling worried? =P

Anonymous said...

DONT TRY THE FRUIT LOOPS, THEY TASTE LIKE SOAP!....

calvin said...

@ anonymous:
what fruit loops?

Anonymous said...

Good god. I just bought some Temmy's "Fruity Hoops" from a dollar store. They taste like I'm sucking on the ass end of a cigar, but for some reason I cant stop eating them!!!

calvin said...

@ anonymous:
sounds great! i am just curious to know where are you living? it seems that temmy can be found everywhere haha! xD

the egypt guy said...

Temmy's is an Egyptian brand, i think that's an imported product from Egypt, then.

It's not great here in Egypt either. I prefer Kellogg's.

calvin said...

@ the egypt guy:
yes, it was written behind the packet that this product is made in egypt.