Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Gong Xi Fa Cai

Yes, I know what are you thinking.
Today is Chinese New Year, which means I will be sitting for two papers of my finals this morning. Anyway, ever wondered how would it look like to celebrate the New Year in a place that snows at this time of the year? Here is what I did. I asked the permisson from my hostel authorities to allow me to put up some decorative items to get ourselves into the New Year's mood. They understand us too well and gave me a big yes. So this is what I did.

DSC01883 copy

I bet we will shock the Japanese to half-dead when we light up the fire crackers tonight.
The next thing I am going to do would be asking for red packets from them XD

20 comments:

KOKahKOK said...

got CNY feel d hor......but so sad no ang pow yet for u hehe

kh said...

ah yayaya...

phingy said...

happy cny calvin !!!!!

michelleg said...

happy cny baby.. ^^

ns29 said...

great job
haha

calvin said...

@ KOKahKOK:
never mind. i'm waiting patiently for your red packet =)

calvin said...

@ kok hong:
if they agree with my request, we share the money 50-50 between both of us.

XD

calvin said...

@ phingy:
happy chinese new year to you as well :)

calvin said...

@ michelleg:
i thought you said your cny this year like very sad only? >.<

calvin said...

@ ns29:
you mean the decoratives? well...

=P

Reenybob said...

happy cny ka chng!
faster get married, I wanna start collecting angbaos from people in MY generation in the family lol xD

yukidaruma said...

u are going to light up mercun??maji????

calvin said...

@ reena:
happy cny to you as well :)

anyway, even if i'm married already, i only give away ang paos, not ang baos. i dunch know what are ang baos =P

calvin said...

@ amalina:
maji de~~sssu

XD

Reenybob said...

paos is the bun!
the red pkt is 'bao!'

i dont want white buns for cny! :P

u and ur wierd malaysian spellings..... =_=

calvin said...

@ reena:
i understand if singaporeans spell red packet in such a weird way, and now telling me that our spellings are weird.

cos' singaporeans are KIASU >.<

syaza said...

want to know what happened to d mercun already~~

calvin said...

@ syaza:
i took those mercun down and save in a folder to be used again next year. see the picture again properly. i think you should get what i mean, don't you?

XD

Anonymous said...

ceh...ingatkan mercun betul! tembak baru tau!

calvin said...

@ anonymous:
i never knew that my so-baby-like photoshop skills could make it looks like a real one =P