Sunday, February 10, 2008

Fat Rice

Just in case that title kept you wondering what I am referring to, it is nasi lemak.
I couldn't really recall when was the last time I had a packet of nasi lemak. The most I could remember was the few mini packets I had when I went out for ikan bakar at Duyung with Shi Han and her. However, recalling the conditions of those nasi lemak will make me emo feel sad. It was so simple and little that they only put a small patch of sambal onto the rice which is wrapped in banana leaves. Cut the story short, I treat myself to my self-made nasi lemak today. Just the perfect time to relase all those exam tensions and stress I had throughout the previous week. Initially, I thought I already had all the ingredients ready, only to realised that I miss out one thing.
Kacang.
DSC02012 copy
That is how a plate of impaired nasi lemak, when it is without kacang. I have done everything I could to make the sambal to be as unspicy as I could by boiling it for a while. However, it was still so spicy that I had some cendol as my dessert while eating my nasi lemak.
No wonder I felt like my nasi lemak was saltish in between the spicy flavour.

19 comments:

syaza said...

mana dapat cendol?? want some!!

michelleg said...

cendol from ur nose.. hehe..

syaza said...

bengong gila baca x habis..-_-!

calvin said...

@ syaza:
itu la, baca betul-betul lain kali. kan dah kantoi =P
so, still want some cendol from nagaoka?

XD

calvin said...

@ michelleg:
but the cendol was colourless and didn't have brown sugar to go with also this time >.<

kh said...

make me roti canai

KOKahKOK said...

boss, nasi lemak satu..kurang pedas.....send pi aku punya rumah ah

syaza said...

eee....geli...x nak..time kasih bebanyak

amalina said...

add some sugar ler next time.u boioled it longer...u will make it ticker and it will be spicier...

my senpai tanye pakai beras thai ke berasjepun?

calvin said...

@ kok hong:
you get me the big round pan first =D

calvin said...

@ kokahkok:
since when i turned into a fast food delivery chain? >.<

calvin said...

@ syaza:
but before this you bukan main excited giler asking for the cendol =P

calvin said...

@ amalina:
i added some sugar already, but too much sugar will not make it nice anymore. but is it true that boiling will make it spicier? hmmm...

i'm staying in japan, so common sense tells that i used japanese rice :)

lasilasi said...

u r going home? r u going to visit michelle? =p

gong xi fatt chai!!

amalina said...

yelah.mcm hukum kimia.the more u boil the thicker it will be.air mkn kurang,kepekatan cap-watever-that-make-chili-pedas bertambah.erm...then try add some tamarind water-hope u have some la-

ooo...my senpai tnye.die ckp ur nasi look panjang2...

calvin said...

@ lasilasi:
no, i'm not going home.
yes, one day :)

happy chinese new year to you as well ^.-

calvin said...

@ amalina:
i was too blur enough not to apply that chemistry principles into my cooking, which makes sense to certain extend. i will add some tamarind when i have it next time ^.-

hmmm, i thought japanese rice should be short and fat? but yea, the rice looked quite long and narrow.

amalina said...

haha...gambatte next time k?



erm...thats why my senpai asked lor....

calvin said...

@ amalina:
i still prefer using our local rice to japanese rice when making nasi lemak though. the higher starch content in japanese rice makes it more sticky >.<