Tuesday, January 1, 2008

One Missed Surprise

This is Kok Hong, another blogger whom I know and have gone on a summer vacation together with. He is also the one who planned the surprise for us during my trip back home this time.
P1000152
Like what I have mentioned, my trip back was kept a secret from most of my friends as I did not want her to know anything about it. I was trying to convince her so hard that I told her I was going for a ski trip and would not be able to online for several days. But she still appeared to be suspicious about what I had told her. To cut the story short, on the morning we were supposed to meet, I went out with Kok Hong to Petaling Street as she was only expected to arrive at Kuala Lumpur at about 9 something. So we walked around and set the place where I was supposed to appear out of a sudden. After everything was set, so the waiting game began.
Both of them promised to meet up at the Watson outlet at that junction. It was not long until I got a message from Kok Hong who said that he had spotted her and asked me to hide. That time, I was already waiting at the bus stop in front of 7 Eleven near Petaling Street. I immediately looked around for a huge cardboard box and when I saw one next to me, I jumped into it straight away.
So, the waiting game continued, until I got the cue.
Everything was going according to plan. Her sitting was against the walking pathway to avoid her from spotting me when I walk over there. Both of them were talking as if they had known each other for years when the fact is that, that was only the first time they met up with each other. Feeling like it was about the time, I walked briskly to their table. This is it. There is no moment for any hesitation from my part or any turn-arounds anymore. I gently closed her eyes with both of my palms. It was a bit different from what I had thought of doing earlier, which is to kiss her. She tried moving my palms slowly away from her face and when she realised that it was me, I saw her sweet smile on her lips. However, she did not look as surprised as what I have expected. Her reaction was as if she has already known I will appear at some point of the day and just waiting for that moment.
ONE MISSED SURPRISE.
Anyway, it continued with some short chats while finishing off our breakfast, which is some porridge at the famous Hon Kee Porridge. Just as when we got up from our seats to proceed to our next destination, I tried holding her hands for the first time. She did not show any indifferent reaction, which was just like what I had hoped for.
The next destination was Eye On Malaysia.
DSC01097
The weather was so kind to us that it was a sunny day.
DSC01118
It was not that packed as compared to during the peak hours as it was still hot in the afternoon sun. Nevertheless, they allowed the three of us to hop onto one of the gondolas without having to share it with other people.
DSC01064
The ride was three full rounds with two incomplete rounds as they kept on stopping for passengers to go on board on it.
P1000157
DSC01067
It would have been better to take the ride at night as there will be fireworks and lasers display on the lake.
DSC01101
We later headed to KLCC.
DSC01141
KLCC by far is the shopping mall with the longest tallest Christmas tree I have ever seen so far. We had our lunch there as well.
DSC01132
It was crowded as the public were taking the advantage of the year end day off to do some shopping.
DSC01119
Although the two of us, Kok Hong and me had stayed in Japan for almost a year, we have never seen such a tall skyscraper as in the Twin Tower. We were so busy taking shots on it that I know she was bored waiting for us.
P1000222
Kok Hong - foreground; Calvin - background
But for photography freak enthusiast like us, it should be something common, especially for guys to do that. I am sure she understands it very well. We later decided to go to the newly-opened shopping mall in town, Pavilion.
DSC01151
From what I have heard before this, it is almost three times as big as KLCC and when I was there, it was exactly like what I was told earlier.
P1000229
She was supposed to work the next day but since I am back home and had met up with her, she decided to change her off day. We later went down to her hometown, Malacca with her brother to spend a couple of days there.
~ to be continued ~
P/S: You can have a look at her version of LIL surprise here.

10 comments:

michelleg said...

nice shot of KLCC.. would it be nicer if it's a vertical shot instead? hehe.. =)

calvin said...

@ michelleg:
you can still give such suggestion? didn't both of us make you bored enough already waiting for us taking those klcc shots?

and your comment sounds like out of the main topic already.

Reena said...

diagonal shot better.

michelleg said...

why out of topic? hehe, im praising ur photography skills ma =)

calvin said...

@ reena:
you mean the twin tower shot? but since it is so long, then i believe it would look better vertically =)

calvin said...

@ michelleg:
the topic of the day is about the "missed surprised". that is why talking about the klcc shot is a little bit out of topic already.

Reena said...

im just being a idiot and suggesting diagonal cos its in between vertical and horizontal haha. :P

upside down also can. =D

calvin said...

@ reena:
why don't you just tell me to take the shots in all possible angles and you pick which one you like most. isn't that easier? =D

Anonymous said...

hey calvin ,
this is sandip.
i am a great fan of your photography!!!
really Cool!!!!

keep uploading some sbnaps of NUT, nagaoaka.
i am going to NUT this year end.

hope to m,eet you there ,
bye
have a great time ahead.
regards,
sandip.

calvin said...

@ sandip:
thank you for your compliments :)