A recap of what I have gone throughout the year 2007.
- Had a simple New Year 2007 celebration, but did not go for any countdown in the town. Instead, just had a quiet celebration with family members.
- Started blogging with my very first post.
- Had a farewell dinner for the batch leaving for Japan in early April.
- Celebrated Chinese New Year 2007 for the last time as it would be at least a few more years before I got to celebrate it at home again.
- Finished my foundation studies in PPKTJ.
- Sent for a BTN camp a.k.a. brainwash camp at Malacca. First visit to Malacca after almost 10 years.
- Got my personal laptop eventually.
- Touched down safely in Tokyo under raining condition in a chilling morning.
- Saw sakura (cherry blossoms) for the first time.
- Celebrated my 20th birthday abroad for the first time. It was so coincident that there was a gathering dinner among the Malaysians in Nagaoka. So, it can be considered as a two-in-one celebration.
- Went for hanami (sakura sight-seeing) during the spring with senpai.
- Went down to Tokyo for the annual Golden Week gathering.
- Got my brand new digital camera.
- Chelsea lost the Premiership title to Manchester United.
- Started to feel the food sick syndrome.
- First time having exams and how it affected everyone.
- Tried cooking something for the first time in Japan. It was nothing much, just a bowl of instant ramen.
- Had the hostel festival with some red-light-district performances.
- Went to the biggest island (excluding the four main island) in Japan, Sado Island with the rest of the foreign students from my college for a trip.
- Finally, after more than four months in Japan, I was hit with an earthquake. It was the first time and it hit me really hard - a magnitude 6.6 quake.
- The month when she said "yes" to me.
- Started the first part of my summer trip. Went to Tokyo, Osaka and Kyoto with a few batchmates and it was followed up with the Hiroshima trip with Kok Hong.
- Second part of my summer trip continued a week after I finished up the first part. This time, it was Hokkaido.
- Had my first drive in Japan - without a valid license.
- Celebrated Hari Raya in a new and different atmosphere with the Malaysians in Nagaoka.
- Went for a pear hunt.
- My battle robot failed miserably in the battle with the other robots.
- Learnt some Japanese culture in a workshop.
- The month that I was looking forward to the most. It was not for the ski and snowboard trip, but it was the trip back home. I only got to spend barely ten days in Malaysia, but personally, it was a worthy trip. I met her up in Kuala Lumpur and we went down to Malacca for a couple of days. I will be making those updates very soon.
ROUND-UP OF YEAR 2007: To be fair, it was not a bad year as I took myself to another stage in my life. It was an exciting experience and an eye-opener having got the chance to learn new things in a totally new environment and culture. Having said that, it wasn't all only full of bed of roses. There are times when I was emotionally down to the maximum but it was a fortunate thing that I managed to grab myself up every time. I would like to extend my appreciation to all my family members, friends and whoever I might know or not who has been giving a continuous support throughout the year. Apologies as well to anyone who I might have offended as I am sure it was not intended, whether in the real life or in this blog.
I am not a person who do a new resolution every time a new year comes around. Nevertheless, I just have a simple wish, that is hoping for a good health, happiness and everything goes smoothly in the new year ahead.
HAPPY NEW YEAR 2008