Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Busy Week

First of all, apologies for the lack of updates for the past three days. My blog almost went dead, didn't it?
Just in case you are wondering what I was up to so far in this week, here is the list:
    • Finish up three reports;
    • Maths: General exercises (10 big questions);
    • Maths: Differential and Integration exercises (44 big questions);
    • Study for small tests (Physics, Probability, English, etc);
    • Settle my phone bill;
    • Fill in some forms regarding the school fees;
    • And many other stuffs (including eat, sleep, and laundry)

So, I guess that explains why I have not been updating my blog. Actually, there are still other stuffs which I could not recall at the moment. Lucky thing that the robot battle will be brought forward to next year. Otherwise, it was scheduled to be held this Thursday and knowing the fact that my robot is still having difficulties even to make a few baby steps, I would have to stay up after classes to finish up the robot if the battle wasn't postponed to a later date. This battle is by the way the second one, after we had the first battle not very long time ago.

Classes will be ending by this Friday, and it would be a two-week winter break for us. Being in a place so up north in Japan where it snows so much with so many ski resorts everywhere, it would be silly and wasting this good chance for me not to go skiing and snowboarding during this time of the year. I have seen snow already so far, but have yet to try skiing nor snowboarding. It will be my first time and I know it will be full of siao-ness and of course, tumbling and rolling all over the ski run. By the way, I already make a list on who I will be throwing snowballs at and the list is growing by the day. Let me know if you want your name to listed there.

All those stuffs are expected from the many ski trips that I will be going which will start from the very first one this Friday. We will be heading to the resort immediately after our classes and it will be several days skiing in some ski resort in Niigata. It will be another trip among the foreign students in my college and there will be a few senpais joining us there. They said it is much enjoyable to snowboard compared to skiing. I am not sure about that. We shall see later.

Since I will be away for the ski trip, that would also mean that once again, I will be abandoning my blog for some period, just like how it was during my summer holiday. I still able to make short updates from the place I was visiting then, but this time, I will not be taking my laptop along. Afterall, my main purpose going to the ski trip is to ski, enjoy the day playing with the snow and doing many other stupid stuffs. Hence, the idea of going online from the ski resort is certainly will not be the best idea.

On some unrelated thing, I noticed that there was a group of contractors outside my window, just next to my hostel doing some repairs on the underground pipes last night.

DSC00679

It may not be visible, but it was still snowing - just look at the roof of the bicycle shade.

One thing that impressed me is that they still continue with their job even though they have to endure the cold at night. I have already start shivering and complaining about the coldness when I only have to walk for less than three minutes from my hostel to class everyday. And there they were, under such condition, with minimal lighting and some snows along the way, carrying on with their task without thinking for a second to take a break and continue doing it on some other better days. I am not trying to generalise anything from this, but just take a short moment and figure out how often you see this back home.
That is why people are way ahead of us. Simple stuff like this actually makes a huge difference in a wider perspective.

9 comments:

stevelee67 said...

of cos they are way ahead of us in professionalism !!

calvin said...

@ stevelee67:
the thing that impressed me the most about the japanese is how important they treat each of their customer, no matter how small the shop is or we are just buying a simple stuff like snacks from them.

i am not saying that we cannot find that back home, but it is just...

we still have a long way to go...

ns29 said...

u want try throwing snow ball for maybe...
about 400km??
I will be there waiting for that!!

ns29 said...

u want try throwing snow ball for maybe...
about 400km??
I will be there waiting for that!!

ns29 said...

u want try throwing snowball for about...
maybe 400km??
I will be there waiting for it!!

ns29 said...

u want try throwing snowball for about...
maybe 400km??
I will be there waiting for it!!

calvin said...

@ ns29:
one day, i will make you remember the statements you made FOUR times above. and i will make sure those snowballs that you will be getting are hard ones =P

Reena said...

HAHAHAHA TA THE 4X COMMENT.
btw, along with our sup torpedo pact, i also want to make another pact. you stand still, and REENA throw snowballs at u until she happy :D can right?

deal hor.

calvin said...

@ reena:
deal my foot!
over my sleepy body first =P