Tuesday, November 20, 2007

An Unplanned Trip

This is how it looked like five months ago.
DSC01029
And now, it has took a complete different look.
DSC00326
I was on my way to do my groceries the other day, that I thought of taking a different route on my way to the town. It was something unplanned for me to stop at Yukyuzan Park, the nearest park from my college. Unlike my past experience where I did stress out on the importance of pre-planning a trip, this time it was something different, as I did not rely on the train nor the bus. I went there with my ever-so-reliable 'ah pek' bicycle.
DSC00343
By the time I went there, the sakura leaves had fallen, with only dry branches on the trees. But as for the other trees, Japanese maple for example, it is the perfect time of the year to have the best view of them.
DSC00345
Although it isn't the right place to have a 紅葉狩り(momiji gari) in this park, but it wasn't that bad. I mean, the view in some part of the park is still better compared to the lake we went weeks ago.
DSC00351
There are some varieties of colours on the leaves. Remember the set of colours in the rainbow? It starts with red;
DSC00330
Orange, or should I say reddish brown;
DSC00357
Then, it was yellow.
DSC00348
And of course, it stopped there. You don't expect it the leaves to be purple in colour, do you? When I first came to this park for the hanami (looking-at-sakura feast) in April, I did have the thought of taking four different photos in four different time of the year at one same spot in the park.
DSCN4319
And the changes of the view there over the months is evident.
DSC01035 (2)
So far, I have got the third of the full set of four already. One more to go to complete it. That will be in a month or two, I guess.
DSC00340
I was practically alone there in the park. But when I was on my way back, I realised that I wasn't alone there afterall.
DSC00355
A spider was enjoying (momiji gari-ing) in the sunny day in the park as well.

4 comments:

michelleg said...

omg! i love ur camera!! and also ehem =P

SlowCatchUpKuan said...

its so beautiful... gosh...

calvin said...

@ michelleg:
lesson of the day: DO NOT use italics without any clear reasons =)

calvin said...

@ slowcatchupkuan:
this is still nothing. wait till you see the real park i went several days ago =)