Wednesday, November 7, 2007

An Unexpected Visitor

So there I was, coming back from dinner the other day and was returning to my room when I spotted something unusual. It was a baby mouse, which seemed to have lost in finding its way home. It wasn’t like any other mouse like you see very often. So, I got back to my room and grab my camera before returning to capture the picture of this little rodent.
DSC00051
My friend tried feeding it with a small piece of bun he was holding. You tell me since when a mouse will eat bread. Don't they eat only cheese? I have watched Tom’s unsuccessful attempts to lure Jerry from the mouse hole using a cheese ALL THE TIME often enough, which made me having a mindset that mouse only take cheese. Now I realised that Tom is such an uncreative cat. No wonder Jerry always get away from Tom’s trap.
Back to my little mus, it didn't run away immediately after it spot human around it. I was so worried that I might step on it when it was moving around my foot. But until now, I have two doubts on this little friend.
#1: Is it a mouse, and not a hamster? I know hamster sounds a bit out of the consideration as hamster does not have long tail. But I have not seen such a small mouse before in my life. It was less than 10cm long, excluding the tail. Besides, its body was just like a ball, almost spherical, unlike the usual mouse with an oval looking body shape.
#2: Where did it come from? Or perhaps someone is keeping it as a pet. If that is the case, the most obvious one will be from the girl’s block as I do not think any guys will take the burden of having it as a pet. Guys have other better stuff to do.
Anyway, a few others people were still there with the mouse when I left. I later was told that my classmate picked it up and place it outside to endure the chilling night. That was the last piece of news I heard of that little mouse.
DSC00055
I hope we will be reunited again one day.
UPDATE: I went to kennysia.com site right after I posted up this entry and to my surprise, he put up a poster about his missing hamster. Both my mouse and Kenny's hamster look so similar that I did thought about the posibility of that cute little hamster travelled all the way to Japan and turned into a mouse. I just want to mention here that I KNEW NOTHING about Kenny's entry before I posted up mine.

16 comments:

SlowCatchUpKuan said...

it doesn't look like a rat. like hamster but not hamster. very adorable. too bad u guys let it go :(

calvin said...

@ slowcatchupkuan:
you could not decide whether it is a mouse or a hamster as well, right? i can't take it back to my room coz i don't have any mouse/hamster food =/

michelleg said...

so cute furry little thing. lolz. why ur 'guys have other better "stuff" to do' in italics? hehe. =P

kokhong said...

reunited... the next thing you know the rat dropped into a radioactive barrel at kashiwazaki nuclear plant then come back to you and eat you like the bun...

kh said...

HORRRR!!!! YOU STOLE KENNY SIA's HAMSTER!!

calvin said...

@ michelleg:
you are smart enough to figure that out =)

calvin said...

@ kok hong:
do i have such a nice flavour that even a mouse will be attracted to me? =P

frankly, i was surprised to see a hamster pops out in kennysia.com immediately after i post up this entry. there is no pre-planning between both of us.

now i am wondering if my little friend here had travelled all the way from kuching. the possibility is always there. hehe...

Reena said...

YEAH WHY YOU 'STUFF' IS IN ITALICS HUH?!

sounds super suss lah! like guys are up to no good ie certain adult thing hm? *snigger*

calvin said...

@ reena:
*points to the reply to michelleg*

Zhen said...

aiks.. kenny just lost his hamster. many that's his turned into a rodent. :P

calvin said...

@ zhen:
we shall wait for the return of the rodent back in kuching ^.-

Reena said...

doesnt make sense la lol
and btw, mice are actually lactose intolerant therefore the idea that mice like cheese is in fact just a stereotype.

Reena said...

doesnt make sense la lol
and btw, mice are actually lactose intolerant therefore the idea that mice like cheese is in fact just a stereotype.

calvin said...

@ reena:
are your sure about your information? since when architecture course teach you about mouse and lactose?

anyway, i agree that mouse like cheese is a stereotype thinking, more so among kids (like you) =P

lasilasi said...

kawai desu ne? awww if only I were you, I'll keep it for sure =p

calvin said...

@ lasilasi:
maji kawaii desu ne. i would have kept it as well, only if i have the experience of keeping these kind of pets in the past. besides, i have nothing much here to feed it.