Friday, November 9, 2007

My Patience Has Its Limits

I know it is a rare thing for me to be ranting in my blog, but sometimes I just can't help but doing it in this entry. Read on if you don't mind going through a long entry.
It is common for me to buy a couple of box of ice cream when I do my grocery. As for the dry ingredients and vege, I place them in the fridge in the kitchen room. As for the rest, like ice cream, I will put them in a different fridge in the TV room which is near my room. All this while, nothing happened to my boxes of ice cream. But for the past few weeks, my ice cream has made its disappearance act which even Houdini would have been proud off.
When it happened for the first time, I was kinda pissed off coz I purposely ate the vanilla flavour first and keep the chocolate flavour for some time later. When I went to take the chocolate flavour one, the only thing left there was the ice cream stick and the plastic wrapper. What the f***??!! Yes, I said that immediately I saw nothing was left, but in a soft tone, of course.
I returned to my room, clearly tulan-ed with what had happened to my chocolate ice cream. The only thing I could do that time was to rant to her. I even came about of making an A4 sized notice to make sure it won't happen again in the future. But I did not paste that notice, thinking that I should forget everything that had happened. I was partly to be blamed. I did not write my name on the ice cream.
I thought that someone who took my ice cream will not repeat the same thing again. So again, I placed two boxes of ice cream in the same place. But this time, I ate the chocolate flavour first. When I went to check it out a few days later, to my surprise the vanilla flavour was still there.
Hint #1: This someone only take chocolate ice cream.
DSC00125
that someone take only the chocolate flavour (left) but not the vanilla flavour (right)
I thought it will be fine from now on that I didn't write my name on it already. But again, my chocolate ice cream was taken again. So, starting form that time, I began writing my name as big as kindergarten kids handwriting on top of the box. This time, my ice cream SHOULD BE SAFE from that someone.
Few days passed and nothing happened. I thought my method had worked out. So last night I was going to take my chocolate ice cream as usual and again, for the THIRD time, it has been stolen. I used 'stolen' instead of 'taken' here. Why? First time you took it, fine. Perhaps that someone has nothing to eat in the midnight and was searching desperately for something to feed his stomach. I understand. But it happened not twice, but THRICE.
I am the type of person who gets angry quiet easily, but at the same time, I will cool down pretty fast. Having said that, it doesn't mean that I will be pissed off at something or on someone without a reason. My patience has its limits as well. What the f*** that someone was thinking when he steal my ice cream. This is not a free food fair lah! Ice cream also want to steal meh?
Personally, it wasn't about how much it cost. Afterall, one box of the ice cream cost only 63yen (RM2). But it is about the ATTITUDE which I can't stand off. Now that someone may be stealing a box of ice cream, but what do you think he will turn into in some later stages of his life, if nobody is telling him from now? I don't have money to set up a CCTV to see who has been stealing my ice cream all this while if I continue placing it in the same old place. I have no choice but to place my ice creams in the kitchen fridge although I have to walk all the way there. However, there is still one posibility.
My ice cream could smell like chickens and fish after some time being placed with the frozen stuff.

11 comments:

Reena said...

the mouse from prev blog entry stole ur icecream ...

either that.. or one day u should wake up at night n keep watch on your icecream (:

how bout u buy one more choc icecream.. and then put something like wasabi inside it or something tt will make the person slightly sick/diff in the morning.. then when u see the oerson liddat u know its them la (:

great minds think great ^^

calvin said...

@ reena:
haha!! seriously, i was laughing my ass off when i read your comment.

i never knew i have a ka ch'ng who have such a great mind to come up which such a creative idea. it's a great idea. now i am thinking of doing it already.

but i will modify your idea a little bit. instead of wasabi, i will use sambal belacan since they are too used to taking wasabi already.

can't wait for the result =P
*evil smile*

tkc said...

miserable ice-cream thief. but i'm sure that he likes the choco supakappu as much as i do. set a mouse trap inside the refridge. u shall catch the thief with proof. hehe..

calvin said...

@ tkc:
terrible, miserable and vegetable la that someone. mouse trap sounds too common already. i will stick to my sambal belacan plan =P

tkc said...

haha, ok..hope to trap the thief with his tongue burning like fire...hahaha..or maybe he will find ice-cream topped with sambal belacan is a delicious menu..

Reena said...

:D:D:D:D

make sure u mix it into the icecream well. or else the person will know.
eh and and.. sprinkle a little bit of powder on the floor so the next day got foot prints for u to follow (:

michelleg said...

ur ice cream wont smell neither like chicken nor fish. =)

calvin said...

@ tkc:
i will put extra topping of cili padi to make sure he will remember my ice cream forever. i'm sure he will enjoy it =P

calvin said...

@ reena:
seems that you are really gifted in this stuff. just wondering if you are one of the people from csi perth...

calvin said...

@ michelleg:
but it won't smell like a hamster either =P

tkc said...

and he will probly mistake that as strawberry.......