Monday, November 12, 2007

Exam's Signs

Today was just like another day. But I guess I was hit by Monday blues this morning. I usually woke up at 7.45 am, have my shower and take my breakfast before going to lectures. I woke up at 7.30 am and thought of having another 10-minute nap. The next thing I knew when I woke up was it was already 8.22 am and my lecture starts at 8.40 am. I had no choice but to skip my shower this morning.
Even during the first lecture, we were already presented with a report to be handed up before the exams in a fortnight's time. That didn't stop there. That sensei also gave us a set of words to be memorised for next week's test. Yes, the exams here are more oriented to memorizing, instead of testing on your understanding on a particular topic.
Then it was Physics and another report due next week. That excluding all those small tests at the beginning of each Physics class. Add all these to the weekly report I have, it makes my daily schedule kinda busy. The mid-term is just two weeks away, and to be honest, I have not started anything yet. No time left to be wasted online-ing from now onwards, which means I will be making less updates in my blog. "Less" doesn't mean I will totally leave it untouched within this period.
Anyway, while the Physics sensei was telling us the scope for the upcoming exam, we realized that some topics are from last year's chapter. Out of his curiousity, one of my classmate started his chat with the sensei. I have translated it into Manglish for better understanding.
Student: Err... Sensei, why some chapter like from last year wan?
Sensei: Yes, the exam this time will cover a few chapters from last year as well.
Student: Eh, got like that wan meh? This is not called a exam already la! Why like that wan?
Sensei: Coz it's an exam.
Student: If you test us on last year exam, it's not considered as this year's exam ady wert.
Sensei: *Tried to ignore him by being silent*
Student: Cannot cancel those topics arh?
Sensei: No, the scope will remain the same.
Student: Like that we die la!
Sensei: *Ignored him again and walked away*
Student: Wei! Wei!! Crazy sensei la this fella...
I DID NOT make-up the conversation.

4 comments:

kh said...

sho-testo - small test....direct ranslated...hah

calvin said...

@ kh:
haha, it was totally unintended and i didn't realised it until you mentioned it. and yes, "sho-testo = small test" makes sense =)

michelleg said...

omg so busy... but anyways, 加油!! =)

calvin said...

@ michelleg:
謝謝... =)