Monday, September 24, 2007

Curry Should Be Like This

If you guys had spend time studying or having a vacation in Japan, I guess you should come across the Japanese version of curry. The curry here does not really look the same as the one we used to see back home. A normal plate of Japanese curry looks something like this.
Japanese Curry
Basically, the colour of the curry is dark brown. Instead of chicken, they use beef most of the time, while adding some other stuff like carrots and sometimes, potatoes. Just like how it looks, the taste of Japanese curry differ from the normal chicken or fish curry. The red stuff is actually made of radish - just like some jeruk thing. The curry is not spicy as it taste rather sweet.
I am not saying that it is not nice. But what is the point of having a curry without the spicy feeling, right? The umphh feeling will not be there anymore. After been to Japan for almost six months, I have had enough of Japanese curry and I decided to try myself on the local curry.
This is my first time making curry, whether it is chicken or fish curry. Of course, I got the receipe from my mum first. Initially, I was not sure if the fish curry I was making will taste good. And when I was done with it, here is how it turned out.
Fish Curry
Tell you what, it taste just great!

10 comments:

JON the XXXX bear said...

Haha, i also got cook m'sia curry!
i prefer japanese 1, ..got chocolate...i luv it

Ricky said...

i sure like to have some...will u cook for me...??:)

kokhong said...

so long didnt drop comments here... very busy... thats why tak layan you.. no time to explain also...

and anyway... they add apples into curry in some cases

Reena said...

tell you what, you're cooking for me next time i see u (:

Calvin said...

@ jon the xxxx bear:
your curry jadi or not? japanese curry with chocolate? never heard of it before though.

by the way, is this jonathan from kuching?

Calvin said...

@ ricky:
one day =)

Calvin said...

@ kok hong:
apples? next time i might try adding durians into my curry =P

Calvin said...

@ reena:
the main point here is, when are you going to see me? ^.-

lasilasi said...

curry curry! i absolutely miss it - had been feeding on curry i cooked with japanese curry cube since i came back to melb...

calvin said...

@ lasilasi:
you like japanese curry a lot, i suppose =)