Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Stardy The Right Way

It's already end of July and very soon it will be August, which mean summer holiday for all of us here. Even some of the places, they have already started their holiday. But before I can actually enjoy myself, I still got my finals first.
Never mind. People got said,
Ber-boat-boat into sink,
Ber-swimming-swimming using feather,
Ber-pain-pain sin,
Ber-kacang putih later.
Still remember that?
To be honest, I've started star-dying two weeks ago. But what I can say is that it almost came to nothing as up until last night, I will talk with the book for a few minutes (30 minutes being the most) and I will turn myself to my laptop next to me for the next few hours.
Few minutes of star-dy, then a few hours of online-ing. That is why I put it as star-dy, instead of study. I guess I see stars more when I try my best to hit the books.
Not saying that I'm kiasu or kiasi, but I know that just cannot continue like that. My exam is just two days away. Minus today, it will be only one. Tomorrow is going to be my D-Day. My DADA-Day (ask me if you want to know what that means).
Eventually, I took the last resort. I didn't throw my lappie away. That was close, but I just can't do it to my lover. I know I can't live without it. So from last night, I unplugged all the wires and lock my laptop in the bag, then kept it out of my sight. It really worked. I managed to concentrare more, at least much more compared to before this.
That is why if you might have noticed, I was offline for almost the whole of last night. One of my friend even thought that another earthquake had cut the internet line here. But I also got limits la. In the end, when it was close to midnight, I still took it out to online a while.
Tonight will be the same again. I will be even stricter to myself. I will apply a self-ban to MSN, all chatbox and blog (even my own blog). Tomorrow I will start getting my brain deep fried. I just hope I will go through it nicely. Once I am done with it, then I can really enjoy myself this summer.
Wish me luck in my finals!

14 comments:

michelleg said...

okay, i've never seen that pantun before and also that DADA day? ? ? ? :)

well, all the best k! gambate ne~ :)

Calvin said...

michelleg: sure never seen before la. it's just freshly baked this morning nia :P

thanks. gambarimasu! :)

wanying said...

good luck in your finals. your blog... really funny man. =D and all the food you cooked. you sure you didn't get all those pics from internet? hahahaha..

dodo said...

all da best dude~! When u've really decided to throw away ur lappie ..rmbr to inform me 1st yah. i'll throw it for u. will throw it dwn from top of the klcc tower k. haha.

n wat da heck was tat pantun about?? i've tried hard to figure it out. but but but then hor... ended up with alot of niao flying on top of my head ler. n wats Dada day? R u gonna play da guess guess game with us again huh??

Calvin said...

wan ying: kam sia cher cher :)

the food? haha, you try google for those pics la. if you could find them, then it means that i took from the internet one lor :P

Calvin said...

dodo: thanks a lot :)

i prefer to throw my lappie from tokyo tower. at least there's still the possibility of saving its life. if throw from klcc tower, sure langsung no chance to survive mia!

pantun was a simplified version of this:
berakit-rakit ke hulu,
berenang-renang ke tepin,
bersakit-sakit dahulu,
bersenang-senang kemudian.

and that DADA thing? since your also got so many niao on top of your head ady, i better tell you lor. DADA stands for Dalmation's And Donkey's Adventure! :P

michelleg said...

haha. OMG ur DADA so lame~ wats the relevance of it? hahaha..

Calvin said...

michelleg: have you seen dalmation and donkey before?

you see, dalmations reminds me of 101 dalmations (yes i like that cartoon. so you can continue calling me small kid). that means i got lots of things to remember.

and the donkey, it's because i'm expecting there will be at least a few donkey questions coming out in the finals :P

michelleg said...

haha lidat oso u can think of? hahaha..

dodo said...

Rafting up the stream,
swimming to its edge,
Getting pains first,
having fun next.

i thought it would be sth like this heh. but but but then hor..u came out with sth funny pulak. wat SINK?? n wat berswimming swimming with SAYAP??? u miss this birdie too much heh. wat SAYAP pulak? n whats with kacang putih?? omg! i was laughing my ass off man! u're soooooooo damn funnnnnyyyy heh!!

Calvin said...

dodo: you know what, one of the way to remember these berrylanguage (peribahasa) is by modifying them into something you an relate easily. that is why i pass my BM paper with berterbangan warna :P

by the way, i didn't simply come out with that version. it actually makes sense. can you take a boat inside a sink? and it will be really difficult to swim with just feathers, right? as for the white nuts, i thought it's common for malaysian to use that term indicating something easy/mudah/eng/kantan/andre-tre ma :P

amalina said...

berenang renang ke TEPIAN la...not tepin...............

Calvin said...

amalina: i was just testing if you guys pay attention to that :P

amalina said...

....yalah tu...hehe
.