Sunday, July 29, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mi

Today's post is dedicated to my mum.
with mum celebrating my 5th birthday (for once, you can call me a small kid)
I will try to keep this short and sweet rather than being too emo. But I just can't stop myself from writing some stuff in this post.
One of the most common thing that will happen when my mum talk to someone new is that they will start the conversation in Malay. Yes, they thought my mum is a Malay just by her looks. I just couldn't understand why. Maybe since I have grown up with my mum for the past 20 years, that had never made me feel she looked like a Malay.
I just wonder one thing. Which part made my mum looks like a Malay? Perhaps it is because she is mixed blood. Having said that, there's actually an advantage to that. For example, when buying stuff especially in the market, my mum will usually talk to those mak cik and pak cik using the usual Malay style.
Instead of "ini telung satu kati berapa?", it would be something like "terung ni sekati brape?"
Hearing my mum talking in such way, and with her Malay looks, they will think that she is a Malay. Most often than not, the stuff will come cheaper compared to some Chinese who are buying from them. And when they pass the stuff to my mum, they will say "Pak cik (or mak cik) jual, ya". That is a common thing whenever there's a business between Malay. So my mum will answer "ya, beli".
I've seen that happened so many times already that I will just keep my silence for most of the time and avoid talking Chinese to my mum, or else the pak cik and mak cik will surely got terkejut katak.
Another thing is that my mum will do her best to get what I want (that's why I'm such a spoilt brat! :P). But I'm not saying I was taking advantage on her for that. One of the reason why I'm here in Japan today is all because of her, making the effort to find out all those stuff regarding my applications after I finished my SPM. Whenever I tell her I don't do so well in my exams, she will still keep her faith in me. This remained until now.
Mi, the love you showered on me, I know I won't be able to repay it back, not even a sea of gold. I'm so sorry for hurting you so many times all these years. I was too innocent that time. I was too rebellious. I was just too naughty.
I know I didn't behave kuai enough when I was still a small kid. But I know you always say that I'm your baby, even though I've all grown up already, right? :P
Well, if you know me well enough, I'm not very good in writing these stuff. But I had tried my best.
Once again, Happy Birthday and stay happy and healthy always, Mi. I love you mi and please take care.
With love,
Calvin

19 comments:

michelleg said...

OMG!! u were sooooooooo cute!!!! KAWAIII!!! hahaha. wat happen to dat now? =P

erm, proclaiming ur love in public is sweet but kinda geli for me when reading it. hahaha!!

"stay happy and HEALTHY always" mistake there =)

lonehunter88 said...

wow.. I wouldn't be able to write such a nice post for my mum like that..

but, surprisingly, I just can't help noticing you made lots of grammar mistakes in this post.. were ur hands shaking? ^^

well, anyways.. nice post.. and keep it up! all the best for exam too!

Calvin said...

michelleg: are you saying that now i'm not cute anymore la? -.-

was that really so geli that i made you puked?

michelleg said...

din puke but bulu roma berdiri. hahaha!!

erm now ah.. hahaha.. :P

Calvin said...

lonehunter88: hmm, i guess you was right. i think my hands were really shaking when i typed that entry. earthquake ma :P

thanks a lot. you too, ganbatte ne ^.-

Calvin said...

michelleg: berdiri nia ma. but got berdiri tegak or not? :P

what hahaha wor! you better faster tell properly la! can laugh somemore!

rojakrojak said...

awww!!! happy bday to mama japjap!!!

michelleg said...

i prefer calvin at 5 years old mia picture :P

dodo said...

Aww ..thats sweet! But then hor ..lotsa grammar mistakes ler. U weren't attentive enough when writing this post heh? Wat were u thinkin heh? Worrying about the exams or ur mind was wandering to somewhere else d heh. haha..

Nway, hope she has a great bday~ ..

Calvin said...

rojakrojak: ten kiuk roe jin ^.^

Calvin said...

michelleg: but calvin at 20 years old still cute right? ^.-

Calvin said...

dodo: i was too emo when i wrote that. that is why the grammar mistakes were abundant inside the entry. hehe :P

and thanks :)

michelleg said...

erm.. much LESS hahaha :P

Calvin said...

michelleg: why must use caps? does that mean it is much lesser than just 'much less'? :P

michelleg said...

omg.. lame.. haha!!!!

-waiwai- said...

japjap... happy birthday to ur mum...
ur entry so sweet lah...
u make me miss my mum already...

Calvin said...

waiwai: thanks very much. remember to do something sweet to your mum too ^.^

lasilasi said...

u've got a great mum! (as great as mine haha) - lucky us =p

u made me miss my mum too man. sometimes it makes me sad when i think of the fact that she is getting older n older...

Calvin said...

lasilasi: yup, we are very lucky indeed ^.^

that is why you got to cherish every moment you can spend with your mum :)