Sunday, July 22, 2007

Experiment When You Cook

For the last few entries, I've been posting nothing but only food. For some, it is something nice. But I know there will be people who have began to feel sick of looking at the same thing entries over entries. I know you do. Just admit it. Anyway, I will try come out with something different, something that got nothing to do with food very soon.
Not much update this weekend and so, there will only be entries on the weekend cooking. Talking about cooking, you got to experiment with it even there's always the possibility that the final outcome could be a disaster. If you never try, you will never know.
Same goes to my lunch today. After trying the roasted chicken last week, which turned out to be not bad, I tried to modify on it and see if I can make something little different from the last. The ingredients to marinate the chicken stay the same. Chilly powder, curry powder and some jintan manis and salt.
I still ban ban lai-ed marinating my chicken but the only different this time from the last was that there wasn't a quake this time. As for the change this time, I put some slices of cheese in between the chicken as well as on top of it and sprinkle with some black pepper.
I know I used more black pepper than anyone else in my dish. The final outcome after you put the chicken into the oven will be something like this.
The side dishes time time is fried leeks with pork, potato hash and two pieces of pumpkin hashes.
Calvin's personal rating: 8/10
For dinner, my main base were seafoods. I cut the salmon into small pieces (but make sure not too small, or it will hancur when you fry them) and to add to that are cubes of big onions, carrots and capsicums.
I made some prawn tempura as well. Just deep them in flour (tepung gandum), beaten egg and some bread crust. Lastly, deep fry them until they become golden brown.
The egg is actually wasn't on my initial menu. But since there were some leftover of eggs from my prawn tempura, I just fried them. That black black thing wasn't because my egg rentung-ed. It's actually black pepper.
Calvin's personal rating: 8/10
UPDATE: Dodo (used to be Dodo the niao) the bird is actually not only best friend with animals. Dodo the bird is good in food too afterall. After she pointed out to me, I later found out that this chicken I made is actually called Chicken Cordon Bleu. But what I made was something more to this.
Sounds so French, but seriously, I had no idea whatsoever about it before this. Instead of calling it Chicken Cordon Bleu, I will give it some Malaysian taste. I will call it Amalagedon Lam Ker (Armageddon Blue Chicken - Hokkien style).

11 comments:

dodo said...

haha..got personal rating somemore heh. u have oven with u. no wonder the color looks good to me. As for us here, there's no oven lar. so watever we cook, it would turn out to be a disaster at the end of the day. haha. so i guess i might need ur Mari belajar masak-masak recipe book. Btw, u stuff the cheese in between the meat?? tryin to cook chicken cordon bleu huh? i aint knw if thats the correct spelling for it.

Calvin said...

dodo: what bleu bleu bleu wor? you want me to blow you away isit now? seriously, i never heard of that bleu thing before. the stuffing part was just my random idea.

see, told you liao. the name was good what. and you samo said the name sounds like small kid!

and by the way, at the end of the day, it depends on the skill of the cook and not the oven. i guess even i provide you with an oven, your chicken will still become indian :P

dodo said...

nah ur doubt on chicken cordon bleu lar. aiyoyo. u memang *tut* here. google search it urself mah.u think i merely tembak a name for u meh.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images?_adv_prop=image&fr=yfp-t-471-s&va=chicken+cordon+bleu&sz=all

Calvin said...

dodo: how would i know wor. sounds so bleu ma. but i didn't say you simply tembak a name out la. you also tired of tembak-ing liao these days, right? so i assume you have ke-finish-an with your bullet ady lor.

michelleg said...

whoa, ur cooking had really improved for the past few days! not bad at all!! ;)

Calvin said...

michelleg: no choice ma. since you were not around, i got to find something to fill my time ma :P

michelleg said...

wah making me sound like im taking up alot of ur time. haha!!!

Calvin said...

michelleg: ok, you win this time. i'm not very good playing with words :P

-waiwai- said...

wah... cal... i really want to call u shifu liao...

sensei cal... teach me how to cook lah... u damn good lah... haih...

i need i need to learn more with u...

Calvin said...

waiwai: are you so sure that my food is safe for consumption? hehe :P

-waiwai- said...

hmm... now u still here what...
still can write blog...
still no problem...
i think it is comsumpable lah...