Wednesday, July 4, 2007

7 Things You Don't Know About Me

What a 'present' I got at the start of the new week of a new month. I tagged from Jordan. For almost 6 months since I started blogging (I know I'm still a new blogger), this is the first time I got tagged. I don't know whether I should be happy with it or what. Okay la, enough of talking nonsense already. Lets get going. I'm tagging seven people this time. So pray hard that your name is not down there!
  1. I was a shy guy. Notice the word 'was' there? I used to be a shy guy when I was young. Coming from an all-boys school doesn't help at all. I hardly have the chance to talk with girls. But it took a dramatic change after I came back from National Service. I'm not sure whether it was NS that changed me or I'm the one who changed myself. I'm not that sociophobe anymore. It came to an extend where I was told that I like to flirt. Here I'm tagging Michelle for telling me that and also for adding the word 'sociophobe' to my very own Calvin-Dictionary as another new entry.
  2. My name is CALVIN. I know this shouldn't be something that you don't know about me. I put it in caps to stress out that my name is spelled that way. I used to get people who tend to spell my name wrongly. Kelvin and Kevin are the two most common ones. Kalvin meanwhile, sounds like Kalvinder Singh. I guess not many people who has their name like mine. So, not a surprise that I'm tagging another Calvin a.k.a Calvinsenpai this time.
  3. I am a Chinese. Not a pure Chinese actually. I guess I should put it as mixed. My dad is a Chinese, while my mum is a Sinhalese. You must be wondering what the heck is that, right? People used to thought Sinhalese is some sort of Punjabi's Singh. Not exactly. My maternal grandpa is a Sri Lankan who married with my Chinese grandma. So, I guess that explains why I can't really be categorised as a pure Chinese. Got some rojak essence in my blood. Christien New is just the perfect person who shares this similarity.
  4. I am a pisang. Instead of banana, I'm trying to be different as people usually use that term to refer to any Chinese who can't read, write and talk in Chinese. Here you should give me a break la. I'm from a SK school during my primary and secondary years. But I know that shouldn't be an excuse. However, studying in Japanese has actually improved (not much but at least much better than last time) my Chinese. I'm no more the old Calvin who used to only be able to read characters like 1-10, sun, moon, mountain, water and fire. Joann is another banana that I know. Opps, I've forgotten. Ni de hua yu chin bu hen duo liao hor? Okay la, not banana la. Quarter banana lor. Happy?
  5. I just love photography. My dad used to tell my mum, "Lu khua la chi lee gina, uu tam pok siao liao ee la. Hamik pun hip ee" (You see la this kid. Got a bit mad ady la. What also snap). I would always bring my cam along with me as much as possible. The pictures I usually take ranges from buildings to flowers, people's expression to functions. But I never tried taking nude pics before though :P I'm still new in this photography thing actually. I still need to get more tips from my sifu, Clement.
  6. Do guys shed tears easily? No, I don't think so. But I do. I know I'm men-sia-sueh-ing myself here, but then, after think think and think, I guess it's nothing to be ashamed of. Okay, I am a sensitive guy. Guys have feelings too, okay? Just throw me an emotional movie (sometimes even an emotional song) and I bet you I will be shedding my tears at some point in the movie. But make sure that movie must be really emotional ones la. I was figuring it out on who should I tag for this one. It got me thinking for quite some time. Finally I decided to tag Kenny Sia. Yes, I kid you not. I'm tagging one of the most well known Malaysian blogger. We shall see if he takes up my challenge.
  7. And the seventh thing to end it off, my birthday is on the 7th. I'm not very sure if most of you know about my birthday. Anyway, here I'm stressing out again that my big day is on April 7. The reason? Well, I guess it shouldn't be too hard to guess. It's okay if you can't get me a present. I wouldn't mind at all. Just a simple short and sweet message in whatever ways (e-mail, e-card, Friendster, SMS, MSN etc) will be fine. But getting some hand written ones will be much better. Having said that, I wouldn't mind if you are sending me a present though. This time, I'm tagging my cousin, Reena as her birthday is also on August 7th.

Well, that's the 7 thing you guys might only know after reading this entry. I hope it didn't make you bored going through it. Leave some comments if you have any thoughts after knowing something new about myself. Thanks.

8 comments:

michelleg said...

hmm hold on to that.. i'll get it done soon. haha..

Calvin said...

michelleg: no worries. take your time :)

cl3m` said...

i might not be doing it :P

Calvin said...

cl3m: sifu where can treat your student like this wor?! :P

cl3m` said...

cause i cant find 7 things...?

Calvin said...

cl3m: in other words, you're saying that people have known everything about you, and you have nothing that people doesn't know about you?

i never knew that you are so popular ler :P

cl3m` said...

wah, such sarcasm :P

i just cant think of any la

Calvin said...

cl3m: then it's fine. i won't force my senpai one :P