Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Why They Have It Cold?

During lunch today, I had something which tasted like it's just taken out from the fridge. They called it 東風うどん (eastern udon). I don't have a picture of the bowl of udon I ate this afternoon, but here's something how it looks like:
The one I had this afternoon was almost the same as the picture above. It isn't the thing I'm complaining about here. It's just the way they serve it. They served it COLD! It's not just cold, but it tasted weird as well. And we were also give a bowl of some weird rice. It's brown in colour, which made it looked as if it's kinda fried rice. It's called 山菜御飯 (wild plants rice). But it's TASTELESS! How it had made me gone wild!
The lunch today was one of the very rare times where I didn't finish my meal completely. Luckily the little box of milk I have daily and a lychee pudding saved my day!
I know I shouldn't be complaining about food to this extend. But consider this: Having a koey teow th'eng (koey teow soup) cold. Do you think it'll taste any good? I guess the lunch today must have been ranked among the weirdest food I've encountered so far, next to natto. But natto will always remain my #1 enemy!

8 comments:

jo said...

i barely touched my lunch too...

Calvin said...

jo: see! means what i'm saying is true la. at least got people agrees with me :)

when i took the bowl and felt it's cold, i knew straight away this must be some kind of a food. and yes, how true it turned out to be - a weird food!

ns29 said...

actually I dun think I tried udon here..
honestly,I dun really know what I eat..especially those mee...
I had curry mee today for lunch,but try to think,what if u have sweet curry mee...
and u know,their curry is not red in colour..but brown...
ma..kinda weird la..

Calvin said...

ns29: it's not just their curry mee is brown in colour. their normal curry is also brown, right? and it's sweet!

haha, i also the same nia. until now, i'm yet to be able to differentiate between ramen, soba and udon!

cl3m` said...

zaru soba/tsuki men/hiyashi men is cold noodles. stimes it goes well with udon too. whats wrong with cold noodles???

Calvin said...

cl3m: there's nothing wrong actually. i'm just not used to having something cold (except for ice-creams, etc of course!)

SuwaN said...

o sheet! now is 2:54am. i am hungry!
no body cook for me! why u post the photo up! XP

"the Dude" said...

natto? OOOIISSHHII NNEE!!

hahaha!!