Wednesday, June 27, 2007

How Long Is Japanese Banana?

There was a time when I was chatting with my friend in Malaysia and I was complaining to him that I've began to get sick of eating their food and how I miss the food back home. You guys who think that we who're studying in Japan get to eat sushi, sashimi, tonkatsu, all those stuff all the time better change your mindset. We do eat them, but not everyday, okay?
I told him that here, fruits like papaya, rambutan and manggis are so rare that they're listed under the endangered species by WFF (World Fruit Fund). At the same time I was eating my banana when I was chatting with him. So I told him the banana they have here is different from what you can get in Malaysia. Then he asked me this:
"So, Japanese banana is not the same like Malaysia's one meh?"
I think that basket need to kena hit with a penukul. I just told him Japanese bananas are different, and he's asking me back the same thing, different tone. Then his next question made me feel so weird which I really beh tahan, but to laugh out. It was something like this:
"Wei, tell la. Which one is longer? I think Japanese banana is longer. Really ar?"
I was like what the fcuk? I'm talking about the banana I'm enjoying and he's thinking something else. He thinks I'm so free to take a ruler and measure the Japanese bananas ar?
I later found out that he just wanted to know how long is the banana I'm eating and not the other 'banana' that I (and most of you who's reading this) was thinking. That's what he claimed.
But you think I believed him?
P/S: Girls, which banana do you prefer? Malaysian banana or Japanese banana? Guys, you can tell me your choice too, if you want to!
By the way, Japan actually doesn't grow banana due to the climate here. All bananas here are imported ones, mostly from the Phillipines. But I still refer them as Japanese banana, instead of the Phillipines banana though.

9 comments:

ns29 said...

Seriously..I didnt try their banana...
There's one time I took mikan,and I thought it's orange...So sour!
So I really not so dare to try their food anymore...
Now I only eat oranges,sometimes we have pineapple...cherry as well if it's consider as fruit.

By the way,the banana really long!!
My hostel canteen even cut them to half(I think some of other schools do this too)

ns29 said...

Forgot to tell.
Honestly,I prefer Msia banana.

Calvin said...

ns29: that 'orange' you took is actually called grapefruit. (not sure what they call it in japanese though)

most fruits they serve are usually tropical fruits. like you mentioned, bananas and pineapples. we never got cherries here before yet, but we have watermelons though.

and btw, 2-0 to short and sweet Malaysian banana so far :P

michelleg said...

i was confused which banana were u referring too. haha.. but now i know lar. never tasted jap banana so cant comment. but i like most banana related food like pisang goreng, banana choc cake. lol

Calvin said...

michelleg: depends on which banana you are thinking coz either one is okay to me :P

actually nothing much different. the bananas here are just like the imported ones we can get in malaysia.

and you forgot to mention cucur kodok!

michelleg said...

i know!! i lurve that. just didnt know wat was it called

Calvin said...

michelleg: now you knew it already, better make some for me one day :P

michelleg said...

i only know how to eat. lolz. just mix banana wit flour n fry it lar.. so easy.. haha

Calvin said...

michelleg: but you can't straight mix the banana with the flour without pelling the skin first, could you?

but still, i wanna know how does malacca-made cucur kodok taste like ma :)