Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Back To Taiping

I'm back, after a 2-day lapse. Well, I just came back from my KL and Klang trip late last night and reached Taiping early this morning. I went to Methodist Girls School (MGS), which happens to be Joann's ex-school in Klang. But before that, she picked me up and brought me to try Klang's famous bak kut teh. And I got to say it's different from other places that I'd try before. The smell, the texture, everything. I'll summed them up into one simple work - ho chiak! We was chatting away until Joann told me we got to be hurry for the function in her school.

As I mentioned in my last post, there is an exchange programme going on between the students of the Japanese Society of MGS and the students from Nagaoka Technical College of Technology. When we were at MGS they had already arrived. And the guest were signing the guest book. As Vincent (my junior) and I were kinda like self-invite-guest, there wasn't a name tag for us. But anyway, it can't be taken as self-invite as it's Joann who asked if I wanted to go. Anyway, as usual, there were speeches, performers and presentations. And it continued with a game - Explore Race and later was our lunch and presentation (again!) followed after that.
I managed to catch up with some of our senpai (seniors) there. Among them were Wiliam, Zulhelmi, Idris and Khalid (he’s from Toyota Kousen). I even got met up with the lecturer from the Mechanical Engineering Faculty - Ooishi Sensei. By the way, he looks kinda funny (I just don't know why) Maybe coz he put the bunga telur he got in his pocket in front of his coat! It's his first time seeing bunga telur I guess! I met with students which will be in the same year and taking the same course with me as well (but I've forgotten his name). He warned me about that class though. 'Bad' class he said. I think he means 'naughty'.

We have a short chat with Nadia Sensei before we leave. From Klang, I cross over to UKM to meet Looi. I know him through my NS stint in Gopeng. He took me around the university and we have a chat. It's actually been a while since we last meet up. And it was nice having a chance to meet up with him before I leave next Monday. (Looi, if you were to read this, well, you've told me about your plan and what your 'sister' think about it. Actually I feel that that's a siao idea as well. Haha... I'll just leave everything to you. It's up to you to decide it).

And after that, I headed to KL to start my 4-hour journey back to Taiping.

Just 6 days left and counting…

2 comments:

Joann said...

yoyo..u wnet back to taiping in the morning??means u stayed where??your friends place?

calvin said...

no la. i went back that night and reached taiping in the wee hours of tuesday. was my sentence too complicated till it got u all mixed up? hmmm...